Chapter 15: Good Surprises

Hunter's P.O.V

7:27. Where is she? I'm searching for Kyra but I can't find her. I'm walking around the gym when I see my best mates Terence and Abe.

"Yo guys have you seen Kyra?" I ask while giving them a bro hug.

"Nah man last time we saw her was at 1:08 or around that time, she was in A Block with her friends. You get her man just get her she wants you badly just give it to her.." Abe says while pretending to moan. I look at him like he's a f*ck wit.

Terence jumps in just when I'm about to open my mouth to speak.
"But man there's a Talent thing happening in the gym and it starts at 7:30 so we have to go in now bro."

He pushes me into the gymnasium doors.

"What was that for!?" I ask.
They both laugh and enter. I enter after them.
Everyone's taking a seat on the chairs that's arranged in house groups.

"See you guys." Abe says as he walks down to the other side. Terence gives a small smile and takes a seat in his house. I walk and eventually I take a seat in the middle of where Kyra and my house group is. I stand up again to look for her but she's no where. My baby where is she. I'm panicking. I look at my phone time and it's 7:31.

"Can I get everyone's attention this way, please."
I turn and it's the principle. F*ck him. Sorry.

I'm not going to sit until I find her. I continue my search when I feel someone's hand push my shoulder which makes me fall back onto my chair. I look up and it's the co- ordinator.

"Thank you." He says. I give him a mean stare, cross my arms and I turn to look at the front. He goes back to his place.

"Now, we are gathered here, for a special occasion. This is the College's first school camp. But tonight we have something special planned. Some of you may know what this is, some of you may not. But what we are here for is something that you will enjoy. Something you've enjoyed in the past, and something you will enjoy in years to come here at the College, for some."

All of a sudden 2 year 12 guys stand and scream out.
"WE WON'T BE HERE NEXT YEAR WOOOOOO!"

Everyone starts laughing.

The principle rolls his eyes. "Thank you, Jackson and Alex."
They bow and sit down laughing and nudging each other.

The principal clears his throat.
"As I was saying.. we'll jump right into it. Give it up for the Talent Show of 2015!"
He presents the stage as we clap and he walks to the side. I try looking for Kyra again but I can't. I then look for her friends but they're no where to be found either.
First act is the year 12 band. There's like around 6 people in it. 2 on guitar, 1 on bass, 1 on drums, 1 on keyboard and 1 singing. Their actually really good.

"Everybody's got their problems
Everybody says the same things to you
It's just a matter how you solve them
And knowing how to change the things you've been through

I feel I've come to realize
How fast life can be compromised
Step back to see what's going on
I can't believe this happened to you
This happened to you"

Their singing my favourite band, Sum 41- Hell song. This Talent thing might not be that bad after all.

Kyra's P.O.V

Oh my God. Sum 41. I love them. I know who else does too. The year 12s are pretty good at this. There I am singing along and my friends are looking at me weirdly.

"You know this?" Gemma asks.

"Of course I do, what you think?"
They both laugh at me while I nod my head up and down like a rocker. Lol. It finishes after 3 minutes. The next act comes on then the next and next.
Wow it's been like 1 1/2 hours. A whole lot of acts performed, around 14 now. There's like 17. I walk up to the board and I check the table of who goes next and I see ours at the bottom. Wait someone changed it. I look around.

"Hey um did someone change the roster for this?" I ask.

"Yeah only because the ones that we changed you with are shorter so we thought getting the shorter ones out of the way with we're left with longer ones which is yours." Says a member of the backstage crew.

I look at Gemma and Lauren then back at the backstage member.

"That's alright." Lauren says smiling.
We walk back to our spot where we were sitting in before.

"Nervous anyone?" I ask shaking a little.

"Yep." Gemma sounds a little scared.

"Me too, kind of." Lauren's shaking a little as well.

"Kyra, you know all the words?" I look at Gemma. I quickly sing some of the lyrics.

"Denis, Joshua! Come, don't get lost from us!"
Our drummer and Bass player rush towards us and huddle us tight. They're not from our year but a year above. They volunteered to help with our band and we're ever so great full they did.

Minutes pass and it's the final act. We stand to get ready. I pick up my guitar and we walk to side stage. We here our names being called.

"Give it up for.. Lauren, Gemma, Kyra, Denis and Joshua!"
We hear an applause and we walk onto stage, smiling, trying to keep the nervousness in. Not wanting to show it to anyone.