☾Chapter 12: Beast Within☽

Zero finally found (Y/n); she was sitting alone near a fountain enjoying the calm night air. He grumbled quietly to himself and approached (Y/n).

        (Y/n) turned her head to see Zero walking towards her. The moonlight reflected his silver white hair and soft lilac eyes, making him look more charming as he neared (Y/n).

        She then noticed a strange tattoo on one side of his neck... It had an abnormal pattern. (Y/n) pondered, "How come I never noticed that??"

        Zero sat next to (Y/n) and awkwardly started, "Idiot... Why'd you run? I was going to thank you for making the chocolates; though I do not deserve your sweetness. Also, you never told me what that Pureblood said to you that made you look bothered."

          (Y/n) replied, "You do deserve my chocolates! Uh, well what Kaname said to me was.. he warned me to keep a distance from you. He said that you're going through a phase,"

        Zero grunted, "That vampire.. How dare he tell you to stay away from me,"

         (Y/n) then asked in a worry tone, "Are you really alright, Zero? What were those pills by the way last night?"

           The silver haired male mumbled, "I'm fine... Those pills were just some painkillers.."

       (Y/n) felt that he was lying, but brushed off the feeling of suspicion.

           Zero then asked, "You wanna know why I didn't want you to come to town with me and Yuki?"

(Y/n) nodded.

       Zero explained, "I never told you the reason why I didn't want you to come with me and Yuki to town was because there were Level E vampires around... I didn't want you to get hurt from them, since I was afraid that you will be defenseless.."

(Y/n) nodded slowly to show she understood.

A prolonged silence seeped in...

All of a sudden, Zero's throat began to feel constricted and dry..

       "No.. Not now.." he thought in panic, as he looked at (Y/n), specifically at (Y/n)'s exposed neck...

        (Y/n) peered into Zero's face, "Um, Zero? Why are you looking at me like that?"

       Zero cleared his throat and slipped his hand into his pockets to find his capsule with the blood tablets; it was empty.

       He replied dryly, "Nothing..."
The white haired male kept fidgeting and was trying really hard to control himself...

        (Y/n) placed her hand on his forehead and said, "Do you have a fever? Should we go to the Infirmary to check it out?"

        Zero mentally strained himself, "Her hand - (Y/n)'s hand... So soft... So warm... Blood.... (Y/n)....."

          Zero looked down with his bangs covering his eyes and growled, "Run (Y/n).... I cannot guarantee your safety..."

        Then, he looked up at (Y/n), his lovely lilac eyes have become a burning crimson red. (Y/n) was appalled as she soon pieced together everything.

       "The tablets were... blood tablets..
Kaname did say Zero was going through a phase... How Zero keeps pushing me away... It can't be.."