A Night Turned

Angel crouched down right next to the tent and rushed to the next closest one to the forest. She felt calm for the first few seconds, but she heard another sound behind her.

"Hey, Dan...where are you?"

Angel turned her head. The man spotted her and saw the man on the ground. Angel's eyes grew wide. Crap. That must be Dan...Please don't yell...please don't yell..

Angel was about to rush towards him, but she stopped herself.

"Hey, you!"

Oh, here it goes...

The man started running towards her.

"You! Stop! Don't move!"

Angel did just that, but instantaneously she swiveled to a turn and did a back kick. She got him in the head, but it wasn't hard enough. The man flung back a bit, and got a hold of himself.

"Okay...if that's how it's going to be." He wiped of a streak of nose blood.

Run Angel! Run!

Angel saw a glance of the man's face one last time. It was furious. She turned and ran straight towards the forest. His yell must've caught a lot of the camps attention...

Angel kept her guard about her as she sped through. She saw another guard next to a tent northeast of her. She pushed extra.

"Hey!!Get her!"

Men started getting out of their tents.

No, no, no...come on, Angel...faster...faster!

Angel stared at her legs and up at the man ahead of her running towards her. She glanced side to side and saw more guards and soldiers.

Ugghh! Come on! Come on!...

Angel pushed her legs. Really hard. As she did, memories, thoughts, and her life started to push also to the forefront of her mind. Am I going to be taken back? No. Angel. No. Don't think like that. You know you can make it.

Right then, Angel gazed forward. Three men were ahead of her trying to cross her into a trap. She knew how it worked. Someone behind her, two on both sides, and one in the front run towards her. I have to dive...I have to slip and dive...

She boosted a little more. She could feel the stretch and heat on her legs. Almost there...They were nearing. Closer. Closer. Now. Dive!

Angel dived right between the left and middle man and did a tumble roll. She got back up her feet immediately, looked back, stuck her tongue out, and focused forward.

Thud! Angel felt a hard boulder wall like item in front of her. She fell backward and gazed upward to what it was.

"Going somewhere?"

Prince Chance...

She saw his hand go up, and the night that should've turned to day, grew darker all around her to nothingness.

~~~~~

Peter and Abason tripled their speed. Peter proposed that they do so because morning would soon arise. He wanted to enter the village unsuspiciously. Prince Abason assured Peter that his identity was all under control. It wasn't long until they have finally arrived.

A guard was waiting near the edging of the forest. He was sitting down on a log, and once the galloping horses came to his hearing distance, he turned round and stood up to face Peter and Abason.

Peter and Prince Abason swung off their horses. The guard approached them into a closer distance and bowed. "Travis. Knight of Alleyal." He introduced, held out his hand, and whispered with a wink. "And faithful servant of King Compade, as well as for Fatenturia." He smiled.