Hidden Allies

Prince Abason got to a special room. He was led there by the Inn keeper whom he knew. The Inn keeper was part of a hidden resistance group that was more than happy to bring Prince Abason to his room and ever since people like the inn keeper heard that Prince Abason was there to fight for their cause, other's like him couldn't help but have light within their own eyes knowing that Prince Abason was there with them.

"They will be here any minute, sir." The Inn keeper bowed.

"Thank you, Malvin."

The inn keeper smiled with a well obvious excitement within him. Prince Abason just had to smile back.

"Would you like to stay with me while I wait for my friends?"

"Me, your highness?"

"Yes, Malvin. If you aren't too busy." Prince Abason sat down on a cushioned seat.

"No, no sir. I have someone else in my place as of now."

"Good." Prince Abason paused. "This is quite a decent room, Malvin." Prince Abason said, as he gratefully took it in. The room wasn't as wonderful as the rooms of his castle, but he knew, in places like these, the room was a luxury.

The dark wooden floor was dressed with a small red black carpet and red cushioned chairs with matching wood to the floor were edged with beautiful carves of detail. There were three chairs and a table with a vase oil lamp on top. Another door was in the room, open, which led to another room with the same flooring, carpet, and table, but with two bunked beds with black blankets and red and black

pillows.

"Yes, sir. Quite. It was very difficult trying to keep the room hidden during construction, you know. Our trusted men had to sneak the wood, table, a few more other things to get this room done, your highness."

"Does the wall have ears, Malvin?"

"No sir. Not in this room. We have made the wall full to keep within its sound."

"Good, for I would have stopped you calling me as your highness. Yet, I do very much more prefer to be called by name, but around here, I think it would be safer to call me Gabe."

"Yes, sir." The inn keeper cleared his throat. "Yes, Gabe."

Prince Abason smiled. "There is a hidden passage way from here, am I correct?"

"Yes, sir. You will be safe to leave when you wish."

"Good. May you please show it to me?"

"May I? Of course!" Malvin jumped with energy. "This way sir. You see the bedroom?"

"Yes. Quite marvelously ordinary looking, yet wonderful."

"Well these beds sir. There are two bunks, but one contains the hidden passageway. The one on the left has it. What you must do, is roll the bunk to the side."

"Roll the bunk to the side?"

"Yes, sir. Very much so. We have put wheels within the legs, but they are hard to see. See they are like balls incased in a bottomless box leg. You cannot see those wheels, but they are there. It is to make it easier for your leave."

"Marvelous!"

"Yes, sir. It is. I am forever grateful for the old man who invented this. He has always told me how he would have loved to fight alongside us, but now that he is old, he has instead did what he could do best. He has created this sir, and was more than happy to serve you."

"Amazing! Tell him, that I am forever in gratitude to what he has done."

"Yes, sir. I will be more than happy to do so. Now, let me show you what you what must be done. You roll the bed to the side, which as you can see, can be done so easily. Now, there is a hatch, a lever or nob you might call it on the wood floor. It opens up to this passageway. You see? A ladder goes down, there is enough room down there, and once you touch the bottom, you just follow through with the tunnel. I must warn you however, your highness, it could get quite muddy halfway through the tunnel. Hopefully, it shall not rain."