Attempts

Angel winked open a small portion of her eye. The throb on her head still remained and her body felt her heart pulsate dramatically.

Chance stood there, eyes like blades, both hands on both sides of his waist.

Angel moaned and shut her eyes again. I have to..I have to get out...

Angel felt hands touch her legs and some around her arms. Right in the instant, her instinct kicked in.

Her legs kicked left and right. Her fists tightened and she flung punches as well at the man holding her. It was no use. Angel was lifted off the ground and there were too many men keeping her still.

Angel figured that even if she managed to escape from their arms, there would be the rest of them afterwards. One after the other.

Well, that's just not fair...I'm one, and they're what? One hundred? If I do get out of this mess of men grab hold of me, I'd still have the whole mob to worry about.

But Angel didn't like them touching her...not one bit.

Angel fought for it still. If she was going to be prisoner, she wasn't going to be treated this way.

"Put me down! Stop!"

Angel squirmed, kicked, punched, and did everything she could think of. The men struggled trying to keep her legs together, so a man tried to pin them to the ground with his two hands and his weight. Another man came along to help, but Angel moved too much. Not much room can be taken around her.

"Just put me down!I'll even walk back to the cell if you want!"

Prince Chance held out his hand. "Alright. Put her down."

Angel wobbled and snarkly dusted herself off with as much attitude as she could portray. While she eyed the men angrily, she gave her top and pants a shake to remove all the dirt on her.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" Prince Chance asked Angel.

"Thank you." She said stiffly to Prince Chance.

Prince Chance couldn't hide his amusement.

"Okay. Go back to your cell, but don't try anything. Now, you have something you really have to answer to."

"And what's that? All I did was walk out."

"Nice try, but I'm not going to let you off so easily."

"Yea, yea, whatever."

"Now, move it." Prince Chance said with eyes plastered on Angel.

A man placed his hand on her arm and pushed her forward.Angel stumbled a little and steam rose from her face. In reaction to the man's stocky arm, she flung it of her shoulder.

"I know how to walk." Angel iced.

Angel began to walk slowly away with a glare towards the man and turned away with a swing of her hair.

"You've got to be kidding me..."She mumbled to herself. I was almost out too...

~~~~~

The rest of the men went back to work, but first Prince Chance had them vow not to mention to anyone outside the camp about their prisoner. The men moved away one by one back to their stations and others to their tents. Everything was going smoothly for Prince Chance.

Prince Chance watched Angel walk like a snail to her jail cell once more. He felt satisfied within him, a feeling of weight almost coming off. Finally, we're getting somewhere...But something told him that there's something more about Angel than she's letting on.