A Moment's Chance

Peter followed Prince Chance. He kept up with the Prince's horse, but also kept a keen eye around him. Peter noticed that the Prince didn't even appear worried. He carried himself in a nonchalant manner, as if everything would fall perfectly into his hands.

Peter did like that about him, but it also bothered him.

Why would the Prince take the moment for this?

Peter wanted to hurry. The paths they were following to look for her didn't even correlate with where Angel was actually last headed. He knew that it was less than possible they would find her around in this area they were searching. But Peter also knew that it would divert Prince Chance away from New Begin.

Peter wondered if he could get himself out of the search with Prince Chance and to split. Possibly, if he could ask to go look on his own with a few men. He still kept in mind that Angel might have been with Prince Chance the whole entire time.

"Sir."

"Yes, Peter."

"How long is it till we head back?"

Prince Chance raised his eyebrow. "Go back?"

"Yes, sir." Peter mentally smacked himself. He should have asked a different question.

"Very soon. In the afternoon. Why did you ask?"

Peter tried to regain himself.

"I was wondering if we could cover the ground more efficiently if we split to find her. I'm sure that you have many other responsibilities..."

"I understand, but you recognize her more than I do. Isn't that correct?"

"That's not so hard, sir. She's a girl. Not so hard to miss, really. She'll be most likely alone in these woods, not very kept, considering she's a huntress. She has no need to dress in these parts unlike the girls you probably know in Greanger. Dresses and the whole nine-yards what-not."

"You may be correct. But how about if it were another? You do realize we're in forest grounds. There are others here. You know that."

"Surely, spotting one girl, will not be so much trouble. You have plenty with you. If it were someone else, why do you fear? You have horses and men. You have swords and arrows."

"Afraid? Who said such?" Prince Chance thought over a few seconds. He was becoming a little irrational and suspicious. The prince halted his men. "Alright. What do you propose for us to do?"

"Let us finish our job here for today, and come back. Tomorrow we could split ways." Peter didn't know if that was very smart or not. He knew that when he gets back, he could look around the camp again, and that when they split tomorrow morning, he could make his own quick search around possible areas to lead. However, he didn't know if splitting might cause more trouble. Prince Chance might possibly find her first, not really search, or find New Begin or another hidden village.

"If you wish."

"Wait, may I inquire another thing?"

"Proceed."

"You still desire to search for the Fates, is that correct?"

"Correct."

"And isn't that what Prince Abason's and the huntress's quest for?"

"Yes."

"What are you going to do if you find it first?"

"That is a question I still have yet to be answered. Are you finished?"

"Yes, sir."

~~~~~

The man Prince Chance ordered was already on the move. He gathered the men telling them to take some of their supplies and tents. Prince Chance ordered that this should be done immediately and in an inconspicuous manner. Only the men that were ordered were to move Angel out and leave the rest of the men for the quest.