Energy Drain

Gavin wasn't satisfied with what he said and decided to delve in closer to what was happening between the two and the girl. First of all, Prince Chance and Prince Abason never held secrets from each other. Then, Gavin remembered. Didn't Angel tell me she was the princess?

Gavin didn't know. It seemed like she was joking, just like how he was joking that she was the princess. Something did seem clear, however, and that was that Prince Chance lied about the girl and Prince Abason was acting differently. 

Prince Chance never lied to Prince Abason about anything before. Almost everybody knew that they were the two brothers that no one can separate. It wasn't only that, their relations meant a whole lot to both kingdoms, Greanger and Alleyal. 

Gavin looked at Peter. The boy was left behind with a mission to find the missing huntress and Gavin believed that the missing huntress was Angel. He felt bad for Angel. He got close to her and she seemed to be a decent human being. Most of all, she was only a girl, and a pretty one for sure. 

Her name is way too close to Princess Angelica. Gavin heard word that the huntress' name was Maple, however. This worried Gavin even more. Angel might have been spying around Alleyal. 

"Why are you looking at me so blankly?" Peter finally said, a confused scrunching of the eyebrows show on his face. 

"You have been friends with the huntress since you were young, is that correct?"

"Yes."

Gavin thought a little more. There must have been some misunderstanding. Prince Abason should have known her since she was young then. But how come Prince Chance doesn't know her? Is Angel the huntress? Or is Maple a whole new different person?

Gavin put his arm around Peter. "Come on, let's go look for the huntress." 

~~~~~

Peter hated the fact that Prince Abason left with Prince Chance. He didn't like the scene that Prince Chance showed them, the blood smears and the struggling animal tracks-Peter just wouldn't believe it. 

Peter's head tilted towards the ground as he walked. He kicked a twig and walked over it. 

Gavin noticed the sad look on his face. "Are you okay?"

"I just want to see my friend again. I don't know what happened to her." Peter knew it was true and he felt good that he could tell it to Gavin. But that didn't stop him from being sad. He had a connection with Angel and it worried him most that she was indeed the princess. He didn't care if she was the princess though. He liked her just the way she is. 

Peter kicked some dirt this time and then looked up to Gavin. "Have we sent people around every direction for her?" Peter liked the fact that she was being looked for though, even though it was the enemy kingdom looking for her. He just hoped that she wont be caught as the princess.

~~~~~

Prince Abason felt hard. He wondered about Angel and what could have happened to her. Was she marred by an animal? Peter didn't seem to believe it. Prince Abason slowed his thoughts as he came to a halt in front of his castle with Prince Chance. 

"We are still looking for my huntress, is that correct?"

Prince Chance sighed. "I guess so, my brother. But I do remember showing you the blood on the ground."

"But there is no body." Prince Abason swung off his horse. 

"Yes." Prince Chance seemed irritated and Prince Abason caught it. 

"We are still looking for her. She is irreplaceable."

Prince Chance cringed at the word, but he felt like stone. "I understand."