Chapter 18

Demi's pov

After the whole (Y/n) incident, I walked outside to my backporch.  I noticed a figure sitting on the railing of our boarwalk to the beach.  I walked down the wooden planks, and when I had a better view, I saw Ally.

"I thought you were leaving?"

"I tried to. If the stupid cab would ever get here." She laughed.

"I'm glad you stayed." I said as i leaned against the railing opposite her. "I wanted to thank you for holding back."

"What do you mean?" Ally furrowed her eyebrows.

"Jerk is pretty tame. You could've called me a lot worse. I probably deserve it." She laughed a little and looked back at me.

"Look, I've been thinking a lot about this tutoring thing. I'm sorry, I just don't think it's a good idea." She threw her hands out for effect.

"Because of (Y/n)." I stated as I moved to sit right next to her.

"Well, obviously, yeah. I don't know what I was thinking. There's no good that could possibly come out of this."

"Really? I thought I saw you guys fighting back there."

"Meaning what, that I should keep tutoring you to stick ot to her?" I smiled and nodded at her question.

"Well, maybe that's how they do things in Demiland, but I'm not going to do that to my best friend." I nodded in understanding.

"Maybe you're doing me a favor."

"What does that mean?"

"Sometimes I think it'd be easier if I got kicked off the team...especially with my dad." I sighed deeply.

"I think I should go find (Y/n) and just- just try and smooth things over." She said getting off the railing.

"She left a while ago." She sighed at my words.

"Great...Well, I guess I'm walking." She fake smiled and walked back into the house.  I ran after her, and caught up once she walked outside.

"Let me give you a ride." I offered, more like begged.

"It's not that far."

"Forget it. You aren't going to walk. Look, we will take Lauren's car." I opened the passenger door for her as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Honestly, I'm really fine."

"You're a little high on youself, aren't you, running around telling people you're fine. Please, just take the ride." I begged. "It's the least I can do."

"Okay." She mumbled and got in the car as I smiled.  I jogged around to the driver seat and started the engine.  When I reached her house, I pulled up to the curb and parked it.

"Yeah," she said awkwardly. "This is my house. We are staying here while we renovate the mansion." She joked.

"It's not like I was trying to show off." I laughed.

"Isn't that your default setting?" She asked. "Sorry." She laughed.

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked Ally.

"Um... y-yeah, I don't know. You tell me."

"What I said at the beach, that was a lie." I sighed. "I'm really lucky to have baskerball. It's pretty much my shot at everything from here on out. If I lose it, it's over for me." I admitted.

"So... don't lose it."

"Well, that's just it. With my bad grades, I'm close to being ineligible to do the one thing I'm actually good at. It's not just my life either, it's my dad's, too. It's like he still has something to prove to Smith. And if I screw it up, it's gonna destroy him. Then it'll destroy me. Look, Ally, I know you have no reason to do this, and I know it's just going to complicate things with (Y/n), but I really need your help."

"And I will find you someone else, I promise."

"No. I came to you because you are the best tutor at the school, and you're not gonna tear me down. It's not exactly easy having everyone know you're failing. It's you or nobody else." I desperately tried to get my point across as she sat silent after my brief speech.

"Okay, I will, um." She closed her eyes and took a breath. "I will give you the semester. And then you've got to be on your own. I'm serious."

"That's totally fine with me."

"Okay, um. Great. We will start on Monday." She said, reaching for the door handle, but stopped once the door was half open. "Lay off (Y/n)." I nodded as she then got out the car.

----------------

(Y/n)'s pov

I pulled up to a red light in Keith's tow truck, the only form of transportation that I have.  I heard tires screeching, and saw Lauren's car peel out from a side street and onto the street on my right.  I looked around before turning right and following the car.  The car was swerving a bit until it just side swiped the entire side of a parked car.  The car jerked over to the other side of the road, but smashed into a telophone pole.  The engine sputtered and died, along with the lights.  I pulled up behind her car and jumped out.

"Lauren!" I yelled as I ran closer and the door opened. "Are you okay?!"

A/N Heyyyyyy. Comment and vote.