Chapter 54

(Y/n)'s pov

I scoured the bookshelf as Camila followed closely behind. I stopped in front of the area that should contain the book I sought out.

"Here we go. This is the writer I was talking about." I showed Camila the worn, tattered book.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Somerset Moggum?"

"Well, it's Maugham." I corrected. "Of human bondage."

"Bondage?" Camila's eyes held a mischievous look as a smirk took over her facade.

I laughed, "It's not like that."

Camila fake pouted and looked at the book before meeting my eyes. "So, you're good. Are we done here?" She asked impatiently.

My smile slightly dropped at her discontent with the library and the books I came to show her. I looked down, but I put on a fake half smile when I spoke, "Right, I just thought that this was an opportunity for us to spend some time, you know, hang out with each other." I sadly rambled.

"And it is." She gave me a comforting smile, but then she glanced around in disgust. "But can we, maybe, do it some place that smells a little less funky?"

"Uh-huh." I nodded before sniffing the book. "It's the smell of old books." I grinned before shoving the book near her nose as she playfully shoved me and smiled.

"Like I said. Come on. It's my turn. Please?" She begged with an adorable face that I couldn't resist.

I sighed loudly, "just keep it legal."

----------

Camila stripped from her shirt slowly and teasingly in front of me. She tossed her shirt to the side and unbuttoned her jeans and slid those off as my mouth dropped. Next thing I know we are both in her hot tub that I was oh so reluctant to join her in earlier in the year. Camila sat right next to me as we were both in our underwear. Camila slid impossibly closer and removed her bra as I glanced down. I was immediately pulled into a kiss, but slightly pulled away before things went to far.

"Okay, wait, wait." I stopped as she bit her lip and looked at me under her eyelashes. She set her discarded bra on the side of the hot tub. "Are you sure your parents won't come home?" I asked.

She shrugged and bit her lip, "They could... but this isn't their jacuzzi."

"Camila," I cautiously asked. "Who's house is this?"

"I don't know." She answered as she got closer, and my mind stopped working. "Does it matter?" She whispered against my lips, and I pulled her into a heated kiss and pulled her as close as possible.

------------------------------

The next day, I walked down the street to Lauren's house. The front door was slightly ajar as I cautiously sauntered near the door. I heard rustling behind the door and called out for Lauren, but I didn't get a response. I quickly glanced around and grabbed the closest thing- a rake. I twisted it in my grasp before I gripped the wooden stick. I nudged the door open with the rake and slowly entered. I shuffled through her main entryway and called out to her again with the same luck as earlier. I heard silverware being shuffled around as I rounded the corner leading to the kitchen. I peaked my head around and saw a man standing there, rifling through the cabinets.

I knocked the tip of the wooden rake on the kitchen table to grt his attention and asked, "Where's Lauren?"

"Dressing for school is my guess." He replied as he glanced at me and leaned against the kitchen sink, but I didn't let my guard down.

"Who are you?" I asked, ready to beat his ass.

"I'm the guy who is about to take that rake from you and beat your scrawny ass." He smirked. "I'm her dad. Who are you?"

"Oh." I dropped the rake from its attacking position and just held it. "Sorry. The, uh, front door was open, and I thought..." I quickly gave up my rambling and introduced myself.

"I'm (Y/n)." I shook his hand.

"Mike Jauregui." He nodded.

"Hey, dad, mind if I-" Lauren trailed off once she entered the kitchen and noticed me. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, she's trying to rake me to death." Mr. Jauregui gestured to the rake I was holding.

She laughed, "What?"

I awkwardly smiled and tried to explain myself, "I, uh, I thought you were.... nevermind. Nothing crucial. I'm gonna go put this back." I ended as she laughed at my embarrassment.

----------------------------

Lauren's pov

Camila and I walked side by side on the pathway, roaming the outside of the school.

"So, who's got you all smiley?" Camila nudged my shoulder.

"That would be my dad." I replied.

"Oh, I'd be smiling, too, but for entirely different reasons." Camila smirked.

My face immediately contorted into disgust, "Dude, that's my dad. Don't go all horndog on me!" Camila laughed at my discomfort. "There's a line!" I explained and brought my arm down to form an imaginary one.

Camila laughed once more before slowing to a stop, causing me to turn and face her. "Speaking of which, I really don't want to cross any. So tell me if this is totally inappropriate to ask."

I laughed, "when has that ever stopped you?"

"I need to connect more with (Y/n)." She confessed.

I raised an eyebrow, "I thought y'all were already doing that?"

"I mean," she shrugged. "The making out thing is great and all, but it only goes so far. Can you help a girl out?"

I bit my lip before begrudgingly nodding. "Yeah. You know what? Um..." I began to rifle through my bag before my fingers clutched their goal. I handed Camila the CD.

"Travis?" She questioned.

"Yeah, tell her that tracks 8 and... 11 make you think of her."

"Great." Camz grinned, but it soon changed to confusion. "Wait, make me think of her or you think of her?"

I shook my head, "just friends."

"I know. Sorry." She quickly pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. "You're a goddess." She complimented before rushing off in the opposite direction.