Chapter 34

(Y/n)'s Pov

I sighed when Lauren rushed out the room, leaving me half naked in my arrogant 'father's' house. I grabbed my shirt and buttoned it up a little over half way.

"Interesting," I heard from the doorway and whipped my head around. "You've always made me out to be the bad guy. Maybe you'll judge me a little differently now." Dan said, obviously noticing Lauren rush out the room and, also, having been watching us throughout the night.

"Spare me the lecture." I glared at him.

"Just trying to give you the benefit of my experience." He tried to be wise. Key word, tried.

"Experience in what? Fathering a child... or abandoning one?" I retorted as he just chuckled softly.

"Seems to me you are one mistake away from both." He referred.

"Yeah, well, one is an accident. The other is a choice." I replied as I grabbed my jacket and pushed him out the doorway before walking down the hall, leaving Dan behind. I walked into the living room in search of my mother and Keith. When I entered, she quickly noticed me and excused herself from the conversation.

"Hey." I greeted as she had a worried look.

"Caw?" I slightly nodded my head, but interrupted with my thoughts.

"Actually, you guys can stay if you want. I think I'm just gonna cut out." I said, not wanting to ruin her fun.

"What happened?" She asked, concerned. I looked passed her to see Keith eyeing us, ready to leave at a moments notice if I needed.

"Nothing," I grit my teeth. "I'm just done is all."

"Just wait, let me go grab my coat."

"It's okay, just take your time. You guys go ahead. I'll be in the car, okay?" I walked away when she nodded, faintly hearing my mom 'cawing' to Keith. When I had gotten close to the door, a voice interrupted me.

"(Y/n)!" A slurred voice called out and clung to my arm.

"Not now, Camila." I sighed and she rolled her eyes, turning to Zendaya.

"Zendaya!"

"Camila..."

"I'm drunk." Camila confessed and then tried to kiss Zendaya.

"Hey, um, it's quite an honor," Zendaya tried to be nice while pushing Camila off. "It really is, but I got to be somewhere."

"Oh right, the big mystery." Camila slurred.

"Yeah, I should-"

"What's going on anyway? (Y/n) turns me down. You turn me down. Oh my god! I got it! You're both straight! That totally explains it!" Camila yells.

"Yeah, well, we are." Zendaya rolls with it to get away faster. "We're actually-- we are straight. Whatever you say, Camila."

"Then what is it?" Camila, even in her drunk state, noticed the lie. "Come on, tell me. I won't even remember tomorrow!" I laughed, watching this scene play out from the side of the room.

"You wanna know?" Camila nodded excessively at Zendaya's question. "The truth would kill your buzz." Zendaya said before walking away and out the house. I followed quickly behind, not wanting Camila to hit on me right now.

--------

I jogged to the cafe's front door and unlocked it, stepping inside.

"Ally?" I called out, getting a few muffled sniffles in return.

"Ally?" I asked again, trying to find the small girl in the small shop. I listened to the slight sniffles and walked behind the counter, finding Ally on the floor, knees to her chest, and her back leaning against the counter.

"Is this floor taken?" I ask. She shakes her head no and I quickly sit down, wrapping her in my arms while she cried. The usually calm and collected girl, now a distraught, crying mess in my arms with looks of despair and hopelessness in her eyes.

"Just this once, you know," she tooj a deep breath, composing herself before continuing. "I deserve a big, fat 'I told you so.'"

"Well, you won't get one from me. What happened?" I asked.

"Exactly what you told me was gonna happen." She bitterly laughed. "I started believing that she wasn't terrible, and she proved me wrong. Once again, the smart girl is really stupid."

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey." I objected the way she was talking about herself. I raised my hand and gently wiped the trail of tears running down her face, before quickly kissing her forehead. "You are not stupid."

She smiled weakly at my actions and words mumbling a grateful, "thanks." She sighed before looking to me. "Well, at least things are working out for one of us. It looks like you and Lauren are headed in the right direction." My smile dropped at her words.

"Well, if it'll make you feel better, that lasted all of about five minutes." She laughed as I smiled with her.

"It doesn't make me feel any better. Well, welcome back."

"To where?"

"Normal." She sighed.

"Yeah. They can have their world. Now, come on. Let me help you close up." I offered, but she shook her head.

"No, thanks. I'll do it. I just... I just want to be alone for a little while, okay?" She asked, but I raised my eyebrows, challenging her.

"I'll be fine. I'll be okay. I'm okay." She reiterated and I finally gave in and sighed.

"All right." I nodded and stood up, leaving Ally some time to get everything sorted out in that jumbled mess of thoughts roaming about in her head.