Chapter 29

A/N An update because someone messaged me to update.

(Y/n)'s pov

I heard muffled voices and saw the same junk car driving passed.

"They are still there. They'll probably get bored soon." I said as Demi sighed and I sat next to her. "That was a pretty good move with the car keys."

"Yeah." She laughed. "Doesn't change the fact that my dad's gonna kill me for getting kicked out of that game. You should consider yourself lucky sometimes."

"Lucky to not have a dad?" I asked.

"At least this one." She said. "I remember this one summer. I played softball. I was the pitcher, and my dad was the coach. Anyway, this girl was a great hitter. Everything she hit was a home run. When she got up to bat, no one was on base, so I walked her. All my pitches, no of them even close to a strike. So, my dad calls a time out, comes to the mound, and I thought he was gonna say 'smart move' or 'good thinking,' something like that. Instead... instead, he grabs me by the arm and kicks me in the ass as hard as he can. He literally took my arms, so I wouldn't go flying. He kicked me so hard. Then he brought the other girl in to pitch, sat me on the bench, never mentioned it again."

"That sucks." I said as she nodded.

"So, just think about that the next time you feel sorry for yourself."

-----------------

Lauren's pov

We made it back to the car soon after. I sat in the driver seat and put the roof down, while Ally started putting gas in the tank.

"Psst." I heard. I turned around and saw Ally point to Camila. Camila was passed out in the back seat, face down with her ass in the air. I laughed as Ally joined in.

---------------

(Y/n)'s pov

"Dude, it's been like, what? 20 minutes?" Demi complained.

"You think they're coming back?" I asked. Demi just laughed.

"Thing, Thing One, and Thing Three. What?" She laughed.

"Well yeah, dude, she was the third." I laughed before it died down and I realized something. "What are we doing hiding from these idiots? I can hold my own, and I know you can throw a pretty damn good punch."

I touched my busted lower lip as I said that last part. She smiled at my compliment.

"I say we take these idiots on." I said as she nodded.

"I got your back." She said as we stood up.

---------

Lauren's pov

We got back on the road once Ally put the gas in the car. I sped down the deserted road as Ally moved her hand like an ocean wave while looking out the window.

"She cares about you, you know." Ally said, disturbing the silence.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. The silence got awkward, so I broke it. "We need some music."

I turned to grab my phone.

"Lauren!" Ally yelled as she grabbed the wheel and saved is from going off the road.

"Sorry." I apologized as I smiled when Ally laughed.

"Where the hell are we?" I heard a newly woken up Camila ask.

"Miles from normal." Ally replied. Camila furrowed her eyebrkws as she looked at Ally.

"What is she doing here?" She asked as I giggled.

"You invited her." She furrowed her eyebrows more, the confusion obvious on her face. I blared the 1975 as Camila covered her ears and laid back down. Ally and I sung along tk songs as Camila covered her ears and rolled her eyes the whole time.

"What's next?" She asked when the songs ended.

"You pick." I said. I heard Camila gasp at my words before speaking up.

"This is so tragic. You two don't actually think you're going to be friends tomorrow, do you?"

I clenched my jaw as Ally sighed and stared out the window again.

-------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

"So this Ally thing," I said, starting a conversation since we had been walking in silence for a few minutes. "For some reason, she feels like you're not full of shit. Don't take advantage of that."

"I'm not going to."

"I know you're not, because if you do, you are going to live to regret it." I threatened as she nodded.

"Look, uh, you didn't have to get in that car when those girls grabbed me. Especially after you told me not to."

"Demi, whatever. The way I see it, I mean... if they would have taken you out, who else am I gonna fight with?"

"The same person I have." She said, referring to Dan. We kept walking until I heard something and stopped us.

"Car." I said as Demi and I looked at each other. "You ready?"

"Yeah."

"Let's do it." I said as we turned around to face the oncoming car. The lights blinded us as we stood facing the car with our fists clenched, ready to fight. The car stopped a foot in front of us as we could see in the car now.

"Ally with Camila and Lauren." I muttered, confused.

"Demi with (Y/n)?" Camila questioned.

"Oh my..." Ally gasped, most likely seeing our cuts and bruises already. No one said anything else as we walked over and got in the back, next to Camila.

------------

As happens sometimes, a moment settled...

Ally walked to the front of the school the next day, stopping when she saw Lauren and Camila walking together.

...hovered and remained...

She watched as they walked over to their group of friends, Dinah and Normani, the other cheerleaders.

...for much more than a moment. And sound stopped...

She sighed as she saw the two girls hug the tall blonde and the dark skinned girl.

And movement stopped...

Ally saw Lauren turn around and notice her, but she looked away.

...for much, much more than a moment.

Ally turned away before Lauren could even smile her way, walking into the school.

And then the moment was gone.