Chapter 50

Demi's pov

I opened the front door and slid my book bag off. I tossed the book bag by the stairs, closed the door, and walked into the kitchen. I noticed my bag was on the counter as soon as I entered.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I heard Dan ask as he walked in through the other kitchen entrance. He was in his usual suit, but he was carrying one of his bags on his shoulder.

"Okay." I answered skeptically. "What's my bag doing in here?"

"I packed some things for you." He smiled.

"Dad, I'm not gonna move to the beach house-"

"You're not gonna have to. We'll work this out." He assured me, referring to his deteriorating marriage.

"Well, then, what is this?" I gestured to our bags on the kitchen counter.

"You and I are going away for the weekend."

"Are you kidding?" I asked.

"I already cleared it with your mom. I got your golf clubs in the car. 9 a.m. tee time."

"Dad, you can't just spring things on my like this. I have plans this weekend." I groaned.

"I know you do- with me." He handed my bag to me and left to put his in the car as I rolled my eyes.

--------------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

"Lay-up!" Ruby shouted as she made the game winner. Her teammate, Diane Guerrero, high fived her as I laughed and shook my head. We walked toward the picnic bench and sat down. There was a a repetitive car horn followed by loud music as Camila's car pulled in near the bench. A smile graced my features as I excitedly stood up and walked toward her.

My teammate joked, "what, so you have your own cheering squad now?"

"How you know she's not cheering for me?" Diane feigned hurt.

"Trust me, she isn't cheering for you, man." Ruby laughed.

Camila stepped out the car and took my hands in hers as she smiled cutely. She leaned back against the car, forcing me to trap her on the car door.

"Aye, (Y/n), does this mean we're gonna see a lot more of you, you know since you got a lot of time on your hands now?" Ruby asked.

"Sorry, but not if I have anything to say about it." Camila smirked and leaned up to kiss me.

"See, that's fucked up, man. We win the game and she gets the girl." Ruby complained to the others as I kissed Camila.

------------------

Camila pulled into the small grocery and we quickly ran inside. After I found everything we needed, I started to check out.

"(Y/n)?" I heard a familiar voice. I instantly grew nervous and grabbed the closest innocent item, which happened to be a bag of cheetos, in the line to cover my purchase.

"I'm not playing hookie from your mom's café I just, um, we ran out of coffee filters." Demi's mom smiled at me. I awkwardly turned around, making sure I was covering the items.

"Um, ok." I nodded. "See you later." I turned around again, but whipped back around when she began again.

"Um, actually, I'm glad we bumped into each other. Ally and I were talking and we thought it might be fun to start up some live entertainment at the café-"

"Great." The word shot out my mouth due to my nervousness.

"Are you sure? Because if you think it's a decision your mom should be making, I understand."

"No, it- it's a great idea." I nodded. "It's good. Good. Yeah..." She seemed amused at my nervousness.

"Good." She smiled. I nodded and turned back, but she just kept going. "(Y/n), are you all right?"

"Uh, yeah." I played it off, but Camila jumped in front of me.

"Hey! Don't you think it makes more sense to buy in bulk?" She poked me with a box of condoms on my chest as I immediately turned red. "Plus for dessert." She winked and held up some whipped cream. I awkwardly looked up and past Camila, who noticed and turned around.

"Oh!" She immediately freaked out, but put on an innocent smile. "Hi, Mrs. Lovato."

"Hi. Um, if you will excuse me." Mrs. Lovato immediately turned on her heel and walked away.

-------------------

"Of all things to stick in my mouth, it'd have to be my foot." Camila commented as we walked out the store. I scoffed at her. "(Y/n), come on. Hold up."

"Did you see the look on her face?" I asked.

"Yeah. Total 'Judge Judy,' which is completely ridiculous considering who her daughter is."

"She's friends with my mom." I said as I opened Camila's driver door. I rested my arm on the door frame waiting for her to get in once we finished talking.

"Right... forgot about that one. Well, your mom is in Europe for the next month. So what are the odds she remembers this?" Camila tried to be optimistic.

"Whipped cream and condoms." I stated. Camila started giggling, and I let a smile come out. I leaned over the door and pecked her lips.

-------------

I laid Camila down on my bed as I kissed her. Her hands tangled in my hair as mine found her waist. She used her hands to pull me on top of her, but I rested some weight on my forearm, so I wouldn't crush her. Camila's hands went under my hoodie and promptly removed it, leaving me in a tank top. I leaned back down to kiss her, but stopped to remove her hoodie, leaving her in a crop top. Her hands rested on my abs as she reconnecting our lips. She slowly started lifting my shirt, but the light flicked on causing us to split apart.

"Hi, uncle Keith." Camila greeted.

"Camila." He nodded. "Could you maybe pick this up some other time? I'd like to have a word with (Y/n)."

"Okay." Camila nodded and reached for her hoodie.

"Keith." I said.

"Say good night, (Y/n)." He said.

"I'll... call you later." Camila waved as she practically sprinted out the door.

Once she left, I stood up. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"That's funny. I was just about to ask you the same thing."

"I get it. This is about Mrs. Lovato, right?"

"No, this is about you and some incredibly bad judgment. I think you should remember that Deb is the one keeping your mother's business alive while she's gone."

"Yes, but it doesn't give her the right to butt in. I mean, look at Demi! She gets away with ten times the amount of shit I do!" I yelled.

"Yeah, but you're not Demi. You know, that's not the point. I mean, what is this? You couldn't even be home for your mother's phone call?"

"I forgot. What'd you tell her?"

"I told her that you missed her and that you love her and that you were at the library studying. You know, the (Y/n) Lovato that I know is better than this." He said.

"And the Keith Lovato that I know is not my mother, all right? He's not even her boyfriend. So this really isn't your business." I responded.

"That's where you're wrong. Because while I'm here, it is my business. You know, you might want to take a long, hard look in the mirror and see if the person staring back at you is the kind of person that you want to be." And with that, Keith left. I flopped onto my bed and sighed with my arms covering my eyes.

A/N It's been a while