Chapter 48

(Y/n)'s pov

"Lauren." I called out before she could leave. I felt Camila's and Lauren's eyes on me, but my eyes didn't leave Lauren. There was no talking as we stared at each other. I broke our gaze and looked at Camila, who had a defeated look on her face mixed with a look of shock and disbelief as to why I stopped her, which also caused a pierce to my heart. Camila looked up at me and I could feel Lauren's piercing gaze on the side of my head.

I removed my gaze from the smaller Cuban and stared down at my feet, not knowing what to do or the inner turmoil that was going on in my mind. My feelings were all over the place, and I didn't want to hurt either of them, but I think I already have. Lauren just admitted her feelings, but Camila had already done that. I looked away from the two Cubans as they looked at each other, slightly glaring at the other.

What a frightening thing is the human being- a mass of gauges, dials, and registers. And we can only read a few. And of those, perhaps, not accurately.

What have I gotten myself into?

I groaned as I woke and the memories from last night tumbled around in my head  and pushed their way to the front to be noticed.  I sighed as I sat up and buried my face into my hands.  I sighed deeply once again as I rubbed my hands down the length of my face in frustration as a weight of guilt and longing fell onto my shoulders.  I kicked the covers away from my body, and then I realized I was still wearing last night's clothes.

I slowly made my way out of bed and toward the shower with a spare pair of clothes in hand.  After my quick shower, I changed into a pair of ripped jeans and a hoodie.  I groggily wiped the sleep from my eyes as I entered the kitchen to find Keith finishing washing the dishes.

"You look like hell." Keith commented.

I lightly chuckled, "Yeah, I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Why's that? What's up?" He wondered.

"You ever have a tough decision to make and wonder if you made the right choice?" I asked.

"What kind of choice are we talking about?"

"Um-" I was cut off by a knock on the door.  Camila opened and walked through the door with three cups of coffee in her hands.

"Good morning, girlfriend." She announced with a smile. She handed me a coffee and pulled me in for a quick, sweet kiss. 

"Mhm. Thank you. Good morning." I greeted and then glanced over to Keith who had a smirk on his face.

"I think you're good." He smirked, referring to my decision.

I smiled and gestured from Camila to Keith. "Keith, this is Camila. Camila, my uncle Keith."

"Hi." Camila cutely smiled at Keith and handed him the extra cup of coffee.

"Hi." Keith greeted, now happier with his little gift.

I smiled at Keith approving my choice in a girlfriend. "We have to go now, all right?" I told him as I grabbed my book bag and Camila's left hand.

"Oh," Keith called as we were about to leave the house. "Don't forget that your mom is calling at 6 tonight from Italy."

"Oh, okay. I'll be here. I promise." I said as I walked out the house with Camila's hand in mine.  I pecked her lips as we walked to the car to go to school.

--------------------------

Ally's pov

Soothing, mellow music played as background noise as Demi and I cuddled in my bed.  I let out a content sigh while my head rested against Demi's chest, my arm draped over her waist, and her arm wrapped around my shoulder down to my back.  A smile danced across my lips as I felt Demi making small circles with her fingers on my back.

"If my parents come home, I'm gonna act like I have amnesia, so don't freak out if I pretend not to know you." I planned as Demi and I laughed.

Demi sighed, "I guess I should get back to the madness."

I whined and buried my face more into her chest as I wrapped my arm tighter around her waist.

"Babe, if I could though, I'd stay in bed with you all day like this." She smiled and put our lips together in a gentle kiss.

"Okay." I sighed and let her sit up to put her shoes on. "Demi... about last night-" I started to talk but she cut me off.

"It's not about sex with me, okay? When you're ready, I'll be too." She stated causing me to smile.

"Come here." I pulled her into a kiss. I wrapped my arms around her neck as our lips moved in sync. When we pulled away, smiles graced both our faces. I let out a breath as I laid back down on the bed, watching Demi as she smiled and put her shoes on.

-----------------------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

"It's not that hard." I sighed as I explained the situation to Ally as we walked. "Lauren and I just don't make sense as a couple. She said so herself."

"But then she took it back." Ally exclaimed, not believing I made a good decision last night.

I scoffed and looked at her, "What are you her lawyer?"

"Look, I've seen Lauren really make an effort to try and turn things around and it just sucks that she got bit the first time she reached out to somebody."

"Ally, I'm not the bad guy here. Okay? Lauren's just too... hard."

Ally let out a humorless laugh, "Unlike Camila, who I understand is really nice and easy."

I stopped walking at Ally's insult to Camila. "Excuse me. She makes me laugh. She is honest. She's not afraid to be herself. Plus, she's not covered head to toe in issues. What's wrong with that?"

Ally looked like she wanted to say something, but she shook her head and gave up.  We sat down on a nearby bench as Ally sighed and raised her hands in defeat.

"Nothing. Nothing. If you're happy, I'm happy." She finally caved.

"Are you?" I asked Ally, and when she looked confused I elaborated. "Happy?"

She thought for a second before biting her lip to suppress a smile and answered, "Yeah. I am."

"I hope you're right." I said as she nodded.

A/N So, Camila, huh?