Chapter 42

Demi's pov

I opened my locker the next morning as I had my ear buds in. Someone tapped my left shoulder, causing me to turn, but then they moved to the other side. I turned around fully to see Ally laughing with a grin plastered on her face as she giggle.

"Very funny." I smiled. She smiled, but then her face turned serious.

"Are you okay? (Y/n) said you had some trouble at practice yesterday." She worried.

"(Y/n) needs to mind her own business." I said, but then sighed. "We have a game coming up that I'm a little worried about, that's all. I just get a little intense."

She nodded and took in my appearance, which caused her to raise an eyebrow. "You, uh... you okay? You're shaking, Demi."

"My heart's racing, too." I smiled and reached for her hand, lacing our fingers together. "That's what happens when I'm around you." She smiled and bit her lip. "So, you're house tonight for tutoring, right?"

"Yeah," she confirmed. "But are you sure you're okay?"

I nodded and responded, "yeah, I'm fine. I just had a bad day yesterday."

"Hmm."

"See you tonight?" I asked. She nodded and skeptically looked me over again, before hesitantly leaving. Once she walked out of view, I dug through my locker and pulled out the familiar baggie. I removed one of the pills from the bag, popped it in my mouth, and quickly chased the pill with water.

-----------------------------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

I entered the weight room, and I saw Demi lifting a pretty heavy amount so I walked over.

"You really bitched at Smith yesterday." I commented.

"He deserved it." She spoke through her pants and ragged breaths. I sat next to the bench she was laid on and started talking.

"So Cove City is pretty tough, huh?"

She racked the heavily weighted bar and sat up straight, "They suck."

"Listen, I know you're under a lot of pressure from your dad-"

"You don't know anything about my dad." She spat as she cut me off. "Maybe if you would knock down a shot every now and then, I wouldn't have to carry us out there." She huffed and walked away angrily.

What the hell just happened?

-----------

"I finished." I heard the familiar Cuban's voice from behind. "My turn." Camila smirked when she fully caught up to me. She handed me the book I had given her earlier as she had a huge grin on her face.

"Hey, hey, hey, not so fast. I have a question." I paused for effect and then proceeded. "Did you like it?"

"Did I like it or did I read it?" She joked and laughed with me. "The book is about some guy who loses his integrity and gives into temptation, which is exactly what I see you doing tonight with me." She stopped walking causing me to do the same.

"Well," I laughed. "A deal is a deal, right?"

"That's right, a deal is a deal." She grinned. We stood relatively close to each other, smiling, which I'm sure seemed really creepy, but as long as I was with Camila I didn't care.

-------------

I hit the cue ball with the pool stick and broke the pool balls up. Camila and I were on our date at this really cool, small bar that had a few pool tables set up. Camila smiled at my shot and turned around to get the attention of the waitress. She held out two plastic cards and in return received two beers.

"Thank you, Sally and Jane." The waitress spoke, obviously knowing those weren't our real names. Camila handed me a beer as she kept one for herself.

"Fake ids." She shrugged when I smiled at the identities. "I took your yearbook photo." She giggled and aimed her pool stick at the cue ball, and then she hit a solid red ball into a hole.

"I didn't know you could shoot pool." I shockingly said.

"There's a lot you don't know about me." She smirked.

"Really?" I started moving to her side of the pool table as she moved toward mine, causing us to meet in the middle. "Like what?" I asked as we crossed passed each other and we switched sides. My eyes looked over her body as she walked by.

"I love it in the summer when there's heat lightning at night. Also, up until the fourth grade I called squirrels 'squillers'." She lined up and hit another solid ball into a hole. "And I love beating others at pool." I smiled at her.

"Oh my god, a smile? Is (Y/n) (Y/ln) actually having fun?" She mocked.

"I have fun." I defended.

"Sure you do." She laughed. "(Y/n), you are like the most serious person I have ever met."

"Fine." I sighed. I stepped toward my beer and drank half. "Ahh. Does that make you happy?"

"A little." She slowly stalked toward me.

"Well, just as long as you don't fell cheated. You read a book... I drink a beer. We're even, right?" She stopped directly in front of me.

She giggled and shook her head, "Wait, did you think this was the thing you have to do with me?"

"Well, yeah." I said confused.

"Oh, no. This isn't the thing. This is drinking before the thing." She grinned and slipped her fingers around the glass. "Drink up." She clinked her glass with mine.

This girl...

-----------------------------

Ally's pov

"Demi, are you going to pace all night, or can we get started?" I asked from my seat in front of my laptop on my desk.

Demi groaned and sat on the bed, but then she smirked. "So, a month ago, did you think we'd be alone in your bedroom?"

"Oh, but we're not alone in my bedroom. We have the forefathers with us." I held up the study notes. "And Jesus." I pointed to my little statue hanging above my bed.

"Well they can watch." She smirked.

"Demi, can you just get serious for a minute?"

"Oh, I'm serious." She said and slipped her hand into mine, gently leading me to sit on her lap. I sat on her lap as her arms wrapped around my waist when her lips pressed onto mine. She slowly laid us down so we were side by side, but then she rolled on top of me, continuing the kiss.

"My parents could come home." I mumbled against her lips. She shrugged and kissed me again, causing me to giggle. I wrapped my arms around her neck enjoying the kiss. Her hand trailed down my shirt and to the hem of it. She slipped her fingers under and started lifting the fabric.

"Demi, come one, stop it."

Her hand slid further and I pushed her off. "Stop."

"What?" She asked.

I was now standing near my door while she still sat on the bed. "I think you should go." I fiddled with my fingers. When she didn't move, I walked over to my door and opened it.

"Ally..." she started. "Ally, I'm sorry. Okay, we can just go back to- we can study. I'm sorry."

"I'd like you to go." I mumbled. She stood up and walked out my room and then out my house.

A/N Do you want to be with Camila or Lauren?

What do you think of Ally and Demi?