Chapter 32

Lauren's pov

I followed Demi to her room as we walked through her maze of a house.  We both walked into her room and stopped.  Demi shoved her hands in her pockets before talking.

"So, uh, I see you smiling at school a lot. That's good." She began.

"You've been looking?" I asked.  She lent up against her dresser.

"Yeah, sometimes." She nodded.  I nodded as I awkwardly sat down on her bed. "Anyway, uh...look, I don't know if Camila was just into playing games or what, but she said you were interested in us getting back together."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Funny, she told me the same thing."

Demi sighed, "Right... look, here's the thing-" Demi was cut off by Camila's laughter.  I turned to see Camila and Ariana, neither one looking fully sober.  Camila had a red solo cup in her hand.

"Sorry, well come back." She laughed as noticed she interupted our conversation.

"But there's vodka in the drawer." Ari whined as she pointed to the desk near me.

"Ari, later. These two need some space." She giggled as she made random hand gestures to us.

"You know what, Camila? Give it up." I snapped.

She laughed again. "Trust me, I'm trying."

"You know what I mean." I glared.

"I'm just trying to help."

"Help with what?  Get me out of the way so you can go embarrass yourself in front of (Y/n)?"

"That's funny. I didn't realize you were in my way." She glared as she crossed her arms. "So are you finally fessing up, or are you finally denying it?"

I looked from Camila to Demi, as Demi awkwardly stood against her dresser.  I got up from the bed and walked out the room, faintly hearing Demi.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Camila?" I heard Demi say.

-------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

It had just gotten dark outside and Demi's backyard was now lit up with Christmas lights hanging in trees and strewn above our heads from the house to some posts.  Since the whole team was here, we were playing a small pickup game on Demi's goal.  I stood on the sideline near all of their friends and some cheerleaders.  Lauren walked over to me and smiled as I returned the gesture.

"Haven't seen you much today." She said.

"Yeah, I know. Every time I get within five feet of you-"

"Camila happens." She interupted.

"Or Demi." I added.

"Loose ends. Those are all tied up now." She stated. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows and leaned closer before laughing. "Looks like Camila got you, right here."

She lifted her hand and wiped the lipstick from my cheek with her thumb. "Thanks." I smiled. From behind Lauren, I saw Camila slightly stumble as she walked near us.

"Listen up, everybody." She voiced loudly, causing the group around us to stop playing and everyone to listen to the intoxicated girl. "It's time to play truth or dare...or maybe just dare, because nobody really tells the truth anymore."

Everybody gathered in small groups centered around Camila as I stayed by Lauren.

"Let's see...Dinah, I dare you...to go pinch Coach Smith's ass." Camila grinned as everyone laughed.

"Be right back." Dinah smirked.

"Now. Lauren." Camila started.

"Come on, Camila. Don't."

"I dare you to show us how you really feel..." Camila smirked. "Kiss (Y/n)."

Demi looked over at us as Lauren glared at Camila as she smirked and my eyes widened.  Suddenly, Lauren whipped around, grabbed my face in her hands, and smashed our lips together.  I immediately responded, missing the feeling of her lips on mine.

"Ooh!!" Everyone gasped and cheered.  Lauren just kissed me harder, more passionately, than before.  The next second, she pulled away and pushed me slightly off, walking passed me and to further into the backyard.  I stood there, stunned from the kiss.  I looked around as saw a jealous and furious Camila, along with a sad Demi, who had turned away by now and sat on a chair.  I glanced back to Camila who chugged the rest of her drink and heading back inside, no doubt for another round.

"Why are you being such a bitch tonight, Camila?" I heard Demi ask Camila, but I had already started walking to find Lauren to find out the answer.

I walked deep out in the backyard by this massive oak tree with a wooden bench swing hanging from one of its thick branches.  I found Lauren standing near the swing.

"So that was..." I started off, getting her attention.

"Yeah." She fiddled with her fingers.

"What was that, exactly?" I asked. "A game?"

"Kinda." She responded, then immediately shook her head. "No."

"Want to play again?" She raised her eyebrows.  I slowly grinned as she did.  We walked towards each other and I raised my hand to cup her cheek.

"Sorry. Uh, sorry." I heard a familiar voice interupt.  I pulled away from Lauren slightly to see Ally holding boxes of desserts. "Um. I was called to bring these and I thought I'd sneak throught the back and not bother anyone." By now, Lauren had shifted away from me and out my arms as Ally was still a stuttering mess.

"Do you need help?" I offered.

"Um, uh... no...I'll, uh. You've got your hands full." She replied. "I'm just gonna... um, you guys,  uh... carry on." She walked away as Lauren turned to me and we burst out laughing.  Lauren burried her face in my neck as she laughed.  Once we got our laughter out, I sat on the bench swing and pulled Lauren down to sit next to me.

"You know, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I'm glad I came."

"What do we do now?" Laur asked.  I shrugged.

"I don't know.  What happens next in the story you were telling me about?"  Lauren smirked and grabbed my hand.

"Come on." She giggled as she led me into the house.

A/N Next chapter gets a little... intense.