6:Not What I Thought

Rin's eyes snapped opened and he jerked up from his bed with a huge gasp. He was panting and sweating a lot.

Rin looked at his clock and it was 7:15. Then his eyes trailed towards Yukio's bed but he wasn't there.

The door then opened and Yukio walked in. Yukio looked at Rin and said"wow nii-San! Your awake!"

"Yeah... How long was I asleep?"Rin asked. Yukio stayed silent then said

"What kind of question is that?"

"I must have been asleep for a while. So how long was it? 3 days? A week?... A month?"Rin asked

Yukio stared blankly at Rin, then said"...um... Nii-San, you were just asleep... It's been like 8 hours..."

Rin stared at Yukio and blinked a few times, then said"wait... YOU SERIOUS?!!!!! IT FELT SO LONG!!!!!" He jumped out of bed and started toward Yukio and slapped his hands on his shoulders.

"Yeah?" Yukio sweat dropped.

Yukio noticed a necklace around Rin's neck, then pointed at it and asked"hey nii-San? Where did you get that?"

Rin looked down at the pendent, then started to panic. He didn't want to tell Yukio about Ayana just yet. He wanted to talk to Ayana first.

If he could find her again.

"Oh this? Uhhh... This is nothing! I just found it on the floor!"Rin said

"Really?" Yukio said

and Rin replied"yeah!"

Yukio wasn't convinced, but he let it go. He decided to just confront Rin about it later.

"Alright, since your actually awake early today, get ready and we can have breakfast and we'll leave at 8." Yukio said

"Kay" Rin replied

***

The rest of the day went by, same as usual.

But this time Rin didn't fall asleep in his classes.

He just day dreamed... About Ayana... A lot...

About his regained memories about her. The happy times they had together. The small things they talked about. How they were separated. Their friendship...

Their love... After thinking this, Rin's face went red.

He thought to himself"wait... What is this? Could I still love Ayana? After so long? Well it hasn't felt that long. Probably because I couldn't remember her between those seven years. It feels like it happened yesterday."

So basically, all day, he still got hit in the head by his teachers to pay attention.

***

After all his classes, Rin would go to the woods and look for Ayana.

But could never find her.

It's been like this for two weeks. "Where could she have gone?"Rin wondered.

Rin looked everywhere for Ayana. All over the woods, even True Cross Academy.

It's like she was never even here. But Rin knew she was here, cause he still had the blue moon necklace.

And he could feel it somehow too. He didn't know how he knew but he just knew.

***

During cram school, the exwires noticed for a few days, a lot of the exorcists were not to be seen. Rin was standing by Bon, Miwa and Shima's table.