25: Sidetracked

***Rin's POV***

"Hey Ayana! What was that just now?!" I asked Ayana as I finally caught up with her. She was walking rather fast, and we were already outside in the school campus.

"What was what?" She asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked down at her. She should know what I'm talking about! Yet she's being all weird about it! I just want to know why!

"You know what I'm talking about!... Y'know- Takara! He just randomly did some weird ventriloquist stuff! And you weren't even fazed by it! What's up with that?! Do you know something?"

Then I heard her mumble, "'ventriloquist stuff'... Huh...", but she just continued to walk ahead. I furrowed my eyebrows again.

This girl can be really confusing sometimes. I never know what's going on through her head...

Suddenly Ayana stopped walking on the spot. And she turned her head to look at me... Wait...

Did I say that out loud?

Shit.

"You coming?" I then heard her say. That's when I realized; and looked at myself. I had stopped walking. She was just waiting for me to come. I sighed to myself in relief.

Thank god I didn't say that out loud.

Then I ran ahead to catch up with her, and we continued to walk. But... She still hasn't answered my question yet...

We both remained silent as we made our way to the dorm. I decided not to ask her about what happened in class again. Because I had a feeling she didn't really want to talk about it. But then the silence was interrupted by Ayana, as she said,

"It's not that I knew what was going on..." I looked down at her and she looked at the floor as we walked, then continued,"it's just... That guy... Takara... Looked kinda suspicious. Especially with that puppet of his. I wanted to check it out."

That's all?

Then I said,"So... You still think he's...?"

"Well... I'm still not too sure... But I have a feeling I'm not gonna find out much about that guy anyway. He doesn't seem like he wants to do any harm either."

I nodded to myself,"yeah, that's true. And he was in this school for some time... If he really was trying to do something weird, he would have already done it."

Ayana also nodded to herself. Then I said with a big grin, "Okay, now that that's cleared up... Let's get back to the dorm! I want to make you some of my awesome Sukiyaki!"

Right then, Ayana's face lit up, "you just read my mind!" She said.

Then, she linked her arm with mine, and sprinted to our dorm.

And REALLY fast I might add.

***

In no time, we made it to the door, but when we stopped, Ayana had let go of my arm. That's when I actually realized how fast we really were really going. And to sum up how fast it was. I'll just say the moment Ayana had let go of me; blood rushed to my head and the dizziness enveloped me as I fell to the ground.

Everything was black, but I could still feel myself awake. I soon felt tapping on my shoulder and heard Ayana's voice saying, "umm... Rin? You okay? Aren't we going to have Sukiyaki?"

I then blinked a few times and my vision cleared up, seeing Ayana's face. Her purple eyes looked at me intently as her head was slightly tilted to the right. She was kneeling down beside me.

But I quickly stood up and regained myself. Ayana now looked up at me blankly, but stood up as well. As she did; she laughed to herself and said to me,"ah sorry. I ran too fast again didn't I?"