26:Why?

***Rin's POV***

"Hey Rin, I want meat! Hurry hurry!" Kuro said as he joyfully hopped on the counter.

"Yes yes, it's coming" I said with a smile, while I was in the kitchen.

"But he also needs to make the Sukiyaki, Kuro. Right Shiemi?" Said Ayana as she grinned at Shiemi and leaned against the counter.

"Mmhm!" Shiemi nodded,

"But he's making my meat first!" Kuro exclaimed at Ayana,

"Alright alright, little kitty~", Ayana joked as she patted Kuro's head, but he seemed to had taken it to heart,

"Hey! I'm over 100 years old! I'm not what you call a kitty!" He spat the word "kitty" with disgust. And Ayana just giggled at him.

That's when I had finished.

"Alright done!" I yelled and everyone looked at me. Then I said, as I placed some fresh meat on the counter, in front of Kuro,"here you go buddy, nice fresh meat~"

"Meat!" Kuro yelled,"Thank you Rin! Ikatakimatsu~"

Then he started chowing down.

I turned back to the kitchen, and Ukobach and I started making 4 dishes of Sukiyaki.

***

We were all eating and enjoying the food. Ayana seemed to love it a lot too. I noticed that every bite she took, her smile got even bigger. I don't even know how a smile that big is possible. But that's okay, as long as she's happy, it's fine with me.

But then Yukio asked Ayana something,"Hey, Ayana-San?"

"Hmm?" Ayana replied as she was just finishing her food,

"There's been something that's been bothering me for quite some time...", Ayana swallowed the last bit of food in her mouth and asked,

"What is it?"

"Well... It's not something that important but..."

"It's fine"

"Well... We all know how you and Rin met but... How come you trusted Rin so easily?"

I stopped eating and looked at Yukio confusedly.

"What do you mean?"

"Well it's just... The moment you met Rin, it seemed like you trusted him so easily. A bit too easily. You even gave him that necklace, which even shows how much you trusted him. So... Why was that?"

The room was silent and I looked down at the necklace I was wearing. The one Ayana gave me. The blue crescent moon.

I never thought about that... It's true though... Why did Ayana trust me so easily back then? How did she know I could be trusted with this necklace? How did she decide that promise so fast? All these questions were flowing through my mind. And when I looked at Ayana, she was blankly staring at her empty tray. Until she finally replied by saying,

"No reason"

I was kinda shocked by this reply. No reason? No... That can't be true... There has to be a reason. But why isn't she telling us?

"Is that true?" Yukio questioned, and Ayana stood up from her seat and picked up her tray,

"Yeah," she replied as her hair covered her eyes. She walked to the kitchen and gave her tray to Ukobach. As her back faced me, I continued to stare at her.

Why is she lying?

I don't get it. What reason does she have for not telling us? For not telling me?

I then got up too, and walked to the counter beside her and put my tray there.

"Ayana, there is a reason, isn't there?" I asked.

She remained silent then said, "no..."

I gripped the side of the counter and said, "c'mon Ayana, you can tell us."

Ayana paused then replied,"It's nothing, really."

"Then you'd tell us if it really is!"

"I can't"

"Why not?!"

"..."

"Why can't you tell us, Ayana?! How com-"

"I just can't okay?! Just leave it alone will ya?!"

I froze. The room was silent. I could feel Yukio and Shiemi looking at us... I just don't get it... Why is Ayana being like this?

I then looked at Ayana and noticed that her face was full of regret. She then looked down at the floor and gritted her teeth.

"I'm sorry," I heard her mumble. Then she walked out of the room, and it looked like she was going to her room.

It was quiet again, and then I heard Yukio sigh,"we should probably give her some time..."

"But what is it she can't say Yukio?" I asked,

"I wouldn't know... But let's just wait a while before we ask again."

"Do you want me to talk to her, Yuki-chan? Maybe I could help?" Sheimi suggested,

"It's alright Shiemi," Yukio replied,"she probably just needs some time, and it's also quite late anyway. So you should start heading home."

"Oh okay..."

"I'll walk you home,"

"Thank you, Yuki-chan"

Then I was now alone. I just stared at the floor in the silence. Then I mumbled to myself,

"What are you hiding... Ayana?"

***Third person's POV***

Ayana shut the door to her room behind her, and rested her back against it. She had a pained look on her face. She didn't know what to do. She didn't think anyone would ask her that question. But it was also to be expected.

She wanted to tell them.

But she couldn't.

She made a promise.

A promise she couldn't break.

Ayana never wanted to break a promise. That's just who she was. But she still wondered...

Why couldn't she tell them?

Why did he tell her not to?

She just didn't know anymore.

"Damn it!" Ayana yelled, as she punched the wall beside her; denting it.

That was when she also felt the presence of another demon. But it wasn't Rin, Kuro or Yukio.

Ayana quickly turned her head around and looked at the window. But no one was there.

The presence had then disappeared.

"What was that?" Ayana thought to herself. Then she sighed and flopped on her bed.

"Why did things have to turn out like this?" Ayana thought.

She really wanted to tell her friends the reason why she trusted Rin so easily... But she couldn't.

They told her not to.

He told her not to.

But she didn't even know why.

A/N:
Hey people! Liking the story? Please Vote, Comment and see you soon!