28: Kina's Story (part 1)

***Third person***

"Kina?!" Ayana exclaimed. And Kina smiled at her with glee,

"So it is you!"

"Wha... What are you doing here?... And..." Ayana slowly looked around the room until her eyes landed back on Kina. Seeing the ears at the top of her head and her pointed canines, "You're... A demon?"

"Oh," Kina looked at herself. Her white hair drooping over her shoulders, then gave Ayana a sheepish grin, "yeah... Surprising huh?... But..," Kina's eyes trailed to the black tail swaying behind Ayana,"I didn't know you were a demon too"

"Hold up!" Rin walked up between the two girls. He couldn't take just standing and watching anymore,"could someone tell us what the heck is going on?! Ayana, you know her? How? When?"

Rin looked at Ayana curiously with his blue eyes and Ayana and Kina exchanged glances. Then Ayana said, "well... It wasn't too big of an event... We met each other only once..."

"Once?"

"When?" Izumo now asked,

"Umm... Seven years ago?"

"Seven?!" Bon yelled, "seven years ago, and only once you met each other?! What happened in this event of yours? Must have been quite something."

At that moment, Kina's smile froze. Her green eyes lowering to the ground as they filled with sadness. She walked over to a desk on the first row of the class, the sat on it cross legged. She still had a sad expression though.

"Kina?" Ayana questioned.

"Um... Who exactly summoned me, may I ask?"

"Ah.... That was me." Ayana replied. Kina glanced up at her, then placed her gaze on the ground again,

"I see." She mumbled.

Silence enveloped the room, until Yukio asked,

"Ah... Kina-San right?" Kina looked up at him, and nodded her head slowly. Her green eyes blank, "may I ask you specifically what kind of demon you are? You see... Exorcists normally don't summon demons that have a human form... Are you a half demon by any chance?"

Kina's face softened and she let out a small chuckle, "no, I'm a full demon. Flesh and blood. But you see, I'm a Akuma o shifuto keijō. Which is a shape shifting demon."

"Shape shifting? So that means you...?"

"Yes. I can shape shift into many forms. Anything at all."

"Oh! Like Mephisto?!" Rin asked,

Kina glanced at him curiously, "Mephisto?"

"Yeah! He can shape shift too!... But now that I think about it... He really only shape shifts into a dog... Maybe it's just because he likes dogs?" Rin started rubbing his chin. His eyebrows furrowed as he thought about Mephisto's shape shifting.

"I guess it's something like that," said Kina, "but I can shape shift into more than one thing. I can do a dog though,"

Suddenly, a white puff of smoke engulfed her, and everyone's faces were filled with confusion.

Then the smoke cleared revealing a fluffy, white dog with green eyes.

"Or I could be a bird!" Kina said, but only Rin, Ayana and Yukio were able to hear it. Everyone else only heard a bark.

The white smoke came again, and she was a pure white dove.

"Or even a tree!"

This continued on and on. Everyone watched as Kina transformed herself into different things. Like, an owl, a piece of paper, a car, a cat, anything at all.