38: Missing Her

***Shiemi's POV***

I was worried. Worried for Ayana-chan.

Her injuries were bad. Yuki-chan and I... Even Shura-San, did our best to help her. But holy water is a terrible thing when it touches a demon. We all tried our best, however. I just hope it was enough to help Ayana-chan.

It had been two weeks now. Two weeks since the incident at mount Hikaru. The exorcists stayed at the resort for an extra four days to make sure everything was back to the way it was. And to see if the Ryokō demon was still around. He wasn't. Rin was unconscious for only two days. Then he woke up and we told him everything. He was fully healed now and I knew he was definitely worried about Ayana-chan. Two weeks. She was still unconscious in her room. Yuki-chan had to bring many supplies in there as well. It kind of looked like a hospital room now. We had to make sure that Ayana-chan's health remained good as well. Now all we could do was wait.

Wait until she woke up.

But when was that going to happen?

No one knew.

***Rin's POV***

I dragged myself to class. I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay at the dorm. With Ayana... I wanted her to just wake up already. I wanted to see those mesmerizing purple eyes again. It's just been too long. I've been only seeing her in that same spot. The same bed. The same position. I wanted to hear her voice again. These past two weeks have been miserable. I was just too worried. Ayana hadn't even been an exorcist in training for more than two weeks and this already happened. This was just terrible luck. Terrible timing. But... she saved us on that mission. Her first exorcist mission. She saved us all.

Ayana really deserves a medal.

As I was walking, everything just seemed like a blur to me. I didn't even realize that Shiemi was walking next to me. Watching me with a worried expression. Shiemi has been a huge help these past two weeks though. She's been coming by everyday to make sure Ayana was alright. When Yukio nor I could be there, she and Kina would stay with her. I'm really grateful to Shiemi... I really am.

Everyone else like Bon, Shima and Konekomaru would come visit her as well. Even Izumo. They would come maybe every other day. It was really nice of them. Even though they might not know Ayana as well as they'd hoped, they still came.

After some time, Shiemi and I finally got to cram school and our long day of lessons began.

***

Last period finally ended. And I right away raced back to my dorm. Leaving Yukio to do what ever he needed to do before he went back as well.

When I got there, I ran up the flight of stairs to Ayana's room. I then opened the door slowly and peaked my head through the room. Like always, I had my hopes up. But like always, they deflated. Same position. Same everything. Still unconscious.

I walked into the silent room as I could only hear the taps of my feet as I walked towards her. And the soft sound of her breathing.

I sat at the edge of her bed and watched her as it looked as though she was asleep. Which she was. She wasn't dead thankfully. Yet her hand was still cold as I placed my palm over the back of her bandaged hand. I stayed like that for quite some time. Just staring at our hands as I drew circles on the back of her hand with my thumb...

I missed her.

She was right here... But I missed her.

I blinked as I heard soft shuffling. My heartbeat increased. I looked up, but once again, I was disheartened.