33: Realizing

***Ayana's POV***

The little girls eyes fluttered open, revealing her chocolate brown eyes. They were no longer those blood red eyes that I first saw. She slowly looked around, dazed, until her eyes landed on Kina and I.

"Hi there!" Kina said in a cheery tone. The little girl blinked, and then Kina said, "it's okay. We're not gonna hurt you. I'm Kina! This is Ayana!" Kina gestured towards me and I smiled at the little brown eyed girl, "what's your name?" She didn't say a word for a while. She still had that dazed expression. She looked around the hallway again, then back at us,

"...Remi"

"Remi-chan? Well it's nice to meet you!" Kina smiled.

"...where am I?" Remi asked in a quiet voice.

"Well you're at the resort at the top of Mount Hikaru." I answered, "but do you know where you were before this? What do you remember last, Remi-chan?"

She was silent for a moment, then said, "home... I was home... With mommy..."

"Where's home, may I ask?"

"...The Ryokō village."

"The Ryokō village?" Kina muttered,

"She must be talking about the Hoshi village." I whispered to Kina. It seemed that even the villages thought that the Ryokō demon was the guardian of the mountain. Then I asked Remi, "do you know how to get back there? We can take you."

She looked at me for a while, then slowly nodded her head, "mmhm"

"Alright then let's go!"

Kina and I got Remi to her feet, and we made our way out of the resort. I did want to try to find that Ryokō demon. He was still lurking around this mountain. Might be causing people a lot of trouble too. I needed to take Remi back to her mom first though. Maybe after that, Kina and I could try to find that troublesome demon again. I could even ask the people of the village some questions too.

***

We were now walking in the forest along a sandy path. Remi was leading the way to her home as we stayed close by. Kina was also talking to her. But my mind was everywhere though. I had remembered what the Ryokō demon told me.

I had a uncle. The Hoshi demon was my uncle. Why didn't I ever learn this? And how did the Hoshi demon know about me? I had no clue. But was the Ryokō demon even telling the truth? I didn't know that either. And another thing he said really bothered me as well.

"Your soon to be saviour."

What in the world did that mean? What was going to happen? How in the world was he going to save me? I sighed. I guess I'll find out soon enough... Maybe...

I then felt eyes watching me. I looked at Remi, who was just blankly staring at me with her curious chocolate coloured eyes.

"What is it, Remi-chan?" I asked,

"... Are those real?" She pointed at my purple eyes. Ahh I almost forgot how unnatural my eyes are,

"Oh, yeah they are..." I replied with a nervous laugh,

"...how?"

"Umm," however, before I could reply, Remi turned her head to Kina.

"And are they real?" She pointed at Kina's long white hair.

"Uhh... Yeah?" She replied.

Remi remained silent after that. We all just walked in silence. After a while, Remi suddenly turned to Kina and yanked her hair,