16:Doubts

***Ayana's POV***

Everyone made their way to Mephisto's office. Yukio and Shura led the way and Rin and everyone else walked behind them. Followed by me.

I watched as Rin and his friends talked about their regular things and playfully argued.

But the longer I watched him... The more I realized that he has lived his own life... One where I wasn't there...

Why am I here?

Rin's very well happy... He's happy... So why should I just barge into his life when I was barely even there for him? Did I come back because I want to see him again?

Yes. I did.

I'm selfish... I didn't even think about how he could be feeling about suddenly remembering me.

I shouldn't be here.

I stopped on the spot. And stared at the ground.

I shouldn't be here.

I should just go before they notice.

I shouldn't be here.

I shouldn't-

"Hey Ayana! What 'cha doing over there?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Rin's voice. Then, I looked up seeing that he had stopped along with everyone else. They were all looking at me and Rin smiled.

I stayed silent. I looked to the ground then slightly stepped backwards.

"Ayana?" Rin questioned.

"... I'm sorry... I shouldn't be here."

"What?" Everyone was confused

"Hey... What are you talking about?" Rin asked

Then I mumbled "I shouldn't be here." Then straight after, I turned around and ran the opposite direction.

***Third person POV***

"Huh?!" Everyone was shocked.

"Ayana wait!" Rin quickly ran after her.

"Rin wait!" Yukio called but of course, Rin didn't listen.

***

Rin ended up in the forest looking for Ayana.

"Ayana!... Ayana!" Rin kept calling but, no reply.

Rin sighed. Then he heard bushes rustling beside him.

"Ayana?" He stared at the bushes, waiting for whoever it was to come out.

Then came out was...

A squirrel.

Rin sighed again.

"Why did she just run like that?" Rin thought.

But suddenly he heard rustling behind him. He quickly turned around and saw a large round Hobgoblin demon coming straight towards him.

"Woah!" Rin quickly jumped to the side, dodging the attack. Rin pulled out his sword causing himself to be engulfed in blue flames. The Hobgoblin turned around and flew towards Rin, so he effortlessly sliced it in half, causing it to disappear.

Rin relaxed but suddenly more Hobgoblins appeared!

"What?!"

Rin kept fighting back. But the demons kept coming non-stop. His flames gradually started to get larger and go into the sky. Rin cried a huge battle cry and kept on fighting.