35: Battle With Flames And Fists

***Third Person***

Ayana had to think quickly now. Things weren't going as well as she'd hoped. She didn't even have her sword with her either. Rin had his though. But, this wasn't even Rin. It was the Ryokō demon. Blue flames and black smoke engulfed him as his red eyes bored into Ayana like a needle. She hated it.

She missed Rin's blue eyes. She missed seeing that deep shade of a colour. Ayana wanted Rin back. The Rin she knew. The Rin she cares most about. But this damned Ryokō demon was in the way of all that.

"Hmm what to do, what to do~" Rin cooed as he smirked at Ayana, "oh I know! How about a little pain?"Suddenly, Rin sprinted towards Ayana with his sword in hand. She just barley dodged it. He was able to lightly nick her. A small line of red appeared across Ayana's cheek. She jerked around and glared at Rin. He chuckled. Ayana knew he was mocking her. He knew that she couldn't hurt him. This was Rin's body after all, "and again!" Rin cheered in a mocking way. He attacked again, however Ayana dodged this time, but Rin turned around and was able to lightly cut her arm through the black sleeve of her cloak.

The Ryokō demon in Rin's body turned and beamed at Ayana like a little kid playing a game.

These cuts that he made on Ayana should have healed already. She normally heals fast. But these cuts were healing a lot slower than she expected. It must have been because Kurikara was a demon-slaying sword. It was meant for demons, and Ayana was part demon as well. The Ryokō demon was using it to his advantage. The cuts still healed though. Steam streamed from the wounds and eventually healed fully, not even leaving a scar.

"Hmm" Rin observed. Then ran towards Ayana at full speed. She jumped into the air and landed on a tree branch. She looked to the ground but didn't see Rin. She looked around until he appeared behind her. He attempted to kick her but Ayana ducked and dodged once again. Rin kicked her again on the back though, and Ayana stumbled off the branch. However, she landed swiftly on the ground on her feet. Rin used the tree branch he was now on as a boost. He pushed his legs off the tree and was able to give another cut on her arm.

Steam slowly enveloped the wound again, and slowly begun to heal. Not as fast as Ayana hoped once again. Ayana was also still part human, so this sword is also not as effective.

"Hmm," Rin mumbled, "I had a feeling that this sword probably wouldn't work that much on you. But I guess it does a bi-"

Rin was cut off when Ayana was running full speed his direction. She jumped into a spin, and kicked Kurikara out of his hands into a bush. She landed on the ground and then kicked him on the chest, sending him flying into a fallen tree. Dust engulfed the area. When it cleared, Ayana saw Rin propped against the bark. Both his elbows resting on top of it, and his head dropped down.

He and Ayana both were covered in dust and leaves.

Rin's head slowly lifted again revealing his amused expression,"so you don't mind hurting this kid huh?" He said.

"Rin won't mind if I give him a few punches and kicks here and there." Ayana replied, "might even bring him back to his senses." Rin pushed himself to his feet, and grinned at her,

"This probably might be the most fun I've had in years!"

Ayana glared, "I don't really care about that. Just give-"

He cut her off,"Aww why not? Aren't you having fun too?"

"No"

"...You're no fun."

"I thought you were having fun?"

"Ha! I'm seeing if you were paying attention!"

Once again. Ayana thought. This demon is so confusing.