20:Ready For the Consequences

***Rin's POV***

I was still just lying down under a bush, waiting for an exorcist to come and open the door. Don't know how long it's been, but I just hope someone comes soon! My legs are starting to cramp from staying in this awkward position for however long it's been... Then I heard,

"Rin, why are you hiding?"

I jumped on the spot, and I was about to get out of the bush until I actually registered the voice. It was Kuro. I looked to my left, and saw him sitting beside me. Curiosity filled in his eyes. I sighed and replied,

"Just waiting for someone to come and open the door."

"It's locked?"

"Yeah..."

"That door is for the exorcists isn't it?"

"Mm hmm"

Kuro looked at the door and then looked back at me and said,

"Y'know Rin, I saw Yukio earlier, standing by a door at the other side," he pointed to the other side of the building,"He told the lady named Shura, that he was going to wait for you to come."

"Huh?" I stared at Kuro for a while, dumbfounded. Then yelled,"SERIOUSLY?! HE'S WAITING FOR ME?!!!"

Kuro nodded. I got up out of the bush right away, and in front of me, an exorcist was standing in front of the door, about to unlock it. She had black hair tied into a ponytail, brown eyes, and wore the traditional exorcist attire. I groaned at her.

"You come now?!" She looked at me confused but I ran towards the other side of the school, before explaining anything else. Kuro followed straight behind me. And jumped on my shoulder as I ran.

"Damn that Bon! Making me wait so long for nothing." I growled to myself and then Kuro said,

"So how come Yukio is waiting for you?"

I explained to Kuro the situation with Ayana and her possible trial. When I was finished, we had already reached the door where Yukio was standing and waiting. He was leaning on the side of the door frame, as he was looking to the ground with his arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed. He looked like he was in deep thought. As I walked over to him, he finally noticed my presence and looked up at me.

"Ahh, you're here Nii-San." He gave me a forced smile.

Something's wrong. I know something is. But what is it? Could it be about Ayana? Probably.

"What is it four-eyes." I got straight to the point, and he looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I can see right through you, Yukio. Something's bothering you. Tell me. Is it Ayana? Is she okay?"

Yukio was silent. Just starring at me with no emotion. Then, he sighed and and actually softly smiled at me.

"Well, she's fine. But I don't think it'll stay that way Nii-San."

"What?"

"You know about her crimes right? Well, letting her live is not a very likely option for Ayana-San. Considering what she's done. I did try my best to help, but the best I could do was get her a trial. They were planning to just execute her right away..." Yukio then looked behind him, to Vatican HQ. I could hear footsteps behind him. So, I craned my neck to see over Yukio's shoulder, and saw her.

Ayana.

She didn't notice us though. She was walking, head down, with her hands cuffed behind her back. Two exorcists were walking slightly behind her, both holding either sides of Ayana's arms and leading her somewhere.