18.5:Let's Scare!(Halloween Special)

A/N:
Heyyyy!!!! So it's Halloween👻 and I decided to make a Halloween special! It's sorta like a filler chapter. This is basically a little memory of when Ayana and Rin were kids! So enjoy! And Happy Halloween!

Ayana was at the monestary with Rin and the other priests, while Shiro had gone out with Yukio.

Ayana was doing homework, in the kitchen. She sat at a small table as she continued to scribble words on a paper. Her back faced the opened door. Rin was standing just outside of it; watching her with a devious smirk on his face.

"This is gonna be awesome!" Rin whispered to himself.

He put on a goblin mask and tip toed toward Ayana. Then, Rin was standing right behind Ayana as she still continued to write.

Rin put his hands up then grabbed her shoulders and yelled

"Rawrrrrr!!!!!!!"

But Ayana showed no sign of fear. She didn't even let out a squeak. Her body only jerked a bit from Rin shaking her. Ayana turned her head to him and said

"Rin. What in the world are you doing?" Rin pouted and said with a muffled voice from the mask he was wearing.

"I was trying to scare you" Then, Ayana said

"You know it's the middle of April right? It's not Halloween yet..."

"I know that... But what's wrong with trying to scare you?"

Ayana didn't reply. She just shrugged and continued to do her homework. Then Rin said

"Oh! I know! Why don't we celebrate Halloween anyway?"

"Why?"

"Because Halloween is fun!"

Ayana looked at him and thought about it. Then she gave him a small smile.

"Alright. Let's celebrate Halloween."

"Yes!" Rin fist bumped the air in triumph.

"But I'm gonna finish my homework first." Ayana turned back to her homework and started to scribble words again.

"Huhhh???? Whyyyy?" Rin whined.

"Because I need to do it. Don't you need to too, Rin?"

Rin pouted at her, then looked away and mumbled

"Yeah, but I don't wanna do it."

Ayana sighed and said

"We're only doing this after we both finish. So get over here."

Ayana patted the chair beside her and Rin frowned at her, but walked over anyway. He flopped on the chair, then pulled out a piece of paper from his bag that was beside the table.

Rin and Ayana worked in silence and about five minuets later, Izumi;one of the priests; came over to the door and saw the two kids working. His eyes widened, then he turned and called out a bit louder than a whisper

"Hey, Maruta! Have a look at this."

Maruta walked over to Izumi and said

"What is it?"

"Take a look" Izumi nodded towards Ayana and Rin and Maruta's eyes widened

"Rin's actually doing homework?! Wow, Ayana-chan is a really great influence on him isn't she?"

"I know right?!"

"Remind me to let Father Fujimoto know about this alright? We gotta have Ayana-chan around more often!"

The two priests chucked as Rin turned his head towards them after over hearing them. He glared at them then Ayana giggled. Rin looked at her and she gave him a big grin, which made Rin relax.

***

After about 10 minutes, Rin and Ayana both picked up their papers and yelled in unison

"Done!"

They both looked at each other, then laughed.

"See? That wasn't hard right?" Ayana said

"Yeah... I guess it wasn't." Rin mumbled. Then he perked up and said"so, we can celebrate Halloween now right?"

Ayana gave him a wide smile, then said

"Yup!"

***

It was around 10. And Shiro and Yukio had just arrived home. The Monastery was quiet. A bit too quiet... Shiro noticed this and got cautious and begun to slowly look around while Yukio; who didn't notice a thing, went to his room. He changed into his PJ's and walked to the bathroom.

He was brushing his teeth until he heard a strange noise. Yukio stopped on the spot and looked around.

"Rwaaaaa"

The sound was a mix between a whisper and a growl. Yukio was getting scared.

"I-is swomeone there?" He said as he still had some toothpaste in his mouth. He spit it out and washed his mouth. Then right when he turned, 2 monster faces were In front of him.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" Yukio screamed as he ran out the door and to his room.

"Yukio?!" Shiro exclaimed, then ran towards where Yukio's scream was. When he reached the bathroom, he saw Rin and Ayana wearing black Halloween costumes and wore devil masks on the top of their heads. They were both lying on the floor laughing their heads off. Shiro sweat dropped and said

"You guys didn't..."

"Hahaha! That's was hilarious! You should have seen Yukio's face dad!" Rin said as he laughed. And Ayana was laughing so hard, she couldn't even talk.

"You two know how sensitive Yukio is... Why would you do that?"

The two had finally calmed down and said in unison,

"Sorry"

Shiro walked towards them and knelt down to their level.

"So... How scared was he?" He smirked

Smiles grew on Ayana and Rin's faces and Ayana said

"It was hilarious! Yukio's face was like AHH!" She tried to mimic Yukio's reaction.

Everyone was now laughing, then Shiro said

"Alright. It's quite late, so Ayana-chan? You want to sleep over tonight?"

Yeah! Yeah! Sleep over!" Rin approved. But Ayana said

"Sorry... I won't be able to... I'm expected to be home..."

"Hmm alright." Shiro said "I'll take you home alright?"

"Okay" Ayana obliged

***

Shiro was now taking Ayana back home.

"So... Ayana-chan. I heard that you got Rin to study today?"Shiro said

"Oh yeah. It didn't take that long. Since he wanted to celebrate Halloween."

"Ohh okay! Now I get it." Shiro put his hand on his chin and nodded to himself. Then he looked down at Ayana and smiled. "You really are a great friend. Aren't you?"

"Hm?" Ayana looked at Shiro and he ruffled her hair, which caused Ayana to shut her eyes.

"I really hope you'll always be with him" Shiro murmured to himself.

***

Meanwhile. Yukio was in his room cowering on his bed while Rin was trying to console him.

"C'mon Yukio, it was just me... You don't need to be scared..." Said Rin.

"I-I'm sorry... "

A/N:
Hey people! Liking the story? Please Vote, Comment and See you soon! 👻