22:Happy Birthday

***Ayana's POV***

I found out that the two exorcists that took me to and from the trial; were named Rito and Kito. They're apparently brothers! And they're also just two years older than me.

It was actually really funny how they before were acting really annoyed and angry towards me; but now they're really upbeat and friendly. They even unhand-cuffed me! They just made sure to stay close, incase I did anything 'funny'.

I think if I actually talked to them before and got to know them; it may have been like this then too. But I didn't talk to them, because I honestly thought I'd die today anyway.

I still can't believe it. They're allowing me to live. I can become an exorcist too! Am I dreaming? Wait... What if I am dreaming?!

"Hey Rito?" I asked.

"Hm?" Rito looked down at me with his brown eyes. His messy dark brown hair swaying as he walked.

"Can you pinch me?" This caused the him and as well as his light brown haired brother to stop on their tracks, and look at me wide eyed.

"Come again?" Rito asked, with his eyebrows raised.

"Can you pinch me?" I repeated bluntly.

"Umm why?"

"I feel like I'm dreaming. So could you pinch me to see?"

Rito just looked at me for a while, then chuckled and continued to walk. I looked at him with a confused expression.

"Ayana-San, you're not dreami-"

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my arm.

"Ouch!" I slightly squeaked, then looked at my arm and when I looked beside me, I saw Kito blankly looking at me. I knew right away what he did.

"Now you know you're not dreaming." Kito said, then continued to walk.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, but a small smile appeared on my face right after.

He's right. I wasn't dreaming. This is real. I can live now. And I can be myself too.

I noticed the two brothers had stopped and were looking at me. So I quickly jogged over to them and we continued to make our way to Mephisto's office.

***

Not too long later; we reached Mephisto's office. I stopped in front of his door, then looked at Rito and Kito.

"Alright. So this is all we can do right now... So good luck in there!" Rito said as he patted my back.

"Sorry, we started off on bad terms." Kito said. And I replied,

"No. It's okay! Thank you guys. I really hope to see you two around soon!" The two smiled at me then turned around and left.

I looked back at the door, then took a deep breath. Then, I knocked. I heard Mephisto coo, "come in~" so I opened the door, seeing Mephisto sitting in his chair behind his desk; his elbows rested on the table and his fingers were intertwined together. He also had his usual mischievous smirk on his face.

I closed the door behind me then walked towards Mephisto's desk. I noticed on top of Mephisto's hat, there was a sleeping... Green hamster? It looked really familiar too... Whatever...

"Hello, Ayana-San~" Mephisto said.

"Hi."

"Please, take a seat"

I sat in the chair in front of his desk. Then, I said,

"Hey umm... I just want to thank you... For helping to defend me during the trial..." Mephisto smirked at me then replied,