I

Sometimes I feel like I will live alone at the age of forty seven with twenty three cats and maybe a hamster. I'm on my senior year with a couple months left to go. I guess I've had four boyfriends but I don't like to mention I because they've all failed so miserably.

If I can recall the most unfortunate relationships, one guy didn't even like me, only used me to do a project back in seventh grade. Then I guess in tenth grade I felt like he was the right guy but he tried getting close to me only to get to my best friend Taylor but he's a completely straight guy.

Speaking of Taylor, he's always pushing me to look into more relationships, since I haven't had one in two years- or I guess you could say, haven't had one at all since they were all fake and playing me. I don't get it because he is just as single, or as he calls it 'independent' but that's senseless.

Anyways, it's Valentine's Day. My lonely state, I am so loving and can understand and care for anyone, nobody has given me the right opportunity- that's why I just sing my feelings away and hope someone will analyze it and like me for just me.

Today, since it's filled with couples everywhere, Taylor promised that he would take me to a movie or something. Just to throw my pity party away. I am not even that depressed or desperate for love, he makes it seem like I want it so bad. Nah. Well.

I kind of do....

"Shawn lunch is over? Did you notice or too busy looking at all these couples?" Taylor poked me. I nodded and followed him to our next class. Those were the two only classes we had so I was pretty glad it was my last two before school-- because that way, time passes by quicker. It always does with him around.

••••

Taylor was starting to fall asleep in our last class. I get kind of butt hurt because it's music-- my passion. And all he does in this class is sit in the corner with the metal triangle not bothering to try at all. I can't blame him though, that's how he is. The only thing he is dedicated to is physical-ed.

The bell alarmed him while I continued to play a couple more chords before he could get up and find me. "Ready to go on a date?" He asked me. I blushed because he already knows how he makes me feel sometimes, but I know he's straight and well we don't like each other. I just get so flattered when he acts cute with me.

He lead me out the school where we got ready to go to the car. It's always cozy, whenever I'm there he puts this cute cushion in the passenger seat that vibrates. That's when he would joke around and say, "I can't give you a handie so this'll do."

"Hey Shawn?" I hummed signaling that I'm paying attention. "Can we drop the movie?" It made me frown because I was really hoping to you know, be with someone. "Sure.. Yea that's okay Taylor.." You could hear the upset messy tone. "Good because I want to take you somewhere that we can get a better connection, feel me? I want to talk to you and like movies don't give you that." He explained which made me feel better because, aw.. He wants to 'connect with me.' I am completely okay with that!

"What'ah'you thinkin Tay?"

"Take you to a fine ass dinner and maybe just walk later on." He winked and I instantly accepted. Taylor always pulls things like that. I am terribly vulnerable and would take him down right on the spot. But I mean, I'm only seventeen and feel as if that's not right yet.

Soon enough, we arrived at the dinner he set up but it was terribly crowded since it was a couples kind of day. "I'm so sorry Shawn. They said it would be an hour wait." He sighed but it was okay. "How about my house? My parents are out to celebrate this holiday so maybe I can make you something... with luuuuv baby."

I pushed him jokingly due to his immature tone in his voice. "I'd love to!"

••••

I don't mind being at Taylor's house. He always told me one day he would make something because people have told me he is quite the cook. Friends with him since freshman year and you'd think we hang out all the time but no... If I can recall just this senior year- I've probably gone to his house maybe three times.

We like to think of it as, the further apart the bigger connection. It's true because I do miss him easier and wish I were with him. Keeping distance makes our bond stronger.

"Okay Shawn. You're going to assist me. It's bout to be some kick ass lasagna on bread." He held up his stirring spoon up and threw me an oven mitten and apron.

"First step Tay?"

"Yo, okay grab your big bowls and throw all this shit in okay?" He pointed toward all the spaghetti sauce and spices. I guess what I had to do was measure it myself. I thought we were suppose to cook together but no he told me he will supervise while I attempt to put the right amounts.

"Okay baby, that's enough. I already got the layers of noodles, yum. Now your ass will pour the paste you made. Do it." He grinned as I started to pour little by little, in between the times he would place the grains. I felt his hands go on my hips as he motioned circles. I felt so at ease. "You're doing great." He whispered in my ear before slapping my butt and leaving the kitchen.

Taylor came back with his laptop and placed it on the table. "Right, now put it in the oven and I'll set the timer. It's already warm." He ordered and I followed before taking a seat with him at the diner table.

"What you up to Tay? Is that a dating website? What the hell.." I laughed before glaring at him. "Well I thought okay Shawn, I need you to find someone. You seem so miserable. I need you with someone worth your time so.. Let's make you a profile!"

I stared blankly at him before rolling my eyes. "Why? You think I can't find a relationship myself? You're implying that I need a website to determine my status?"

"Yes."

"Fine. I'll make one."

He smile before sliding the laptop more toward my direction. It was a tab that had the common questions; name, age, location. Then it had those dumb phony questions that are suppose to find others who relate to you; what type of dates do you like, what are your pet peeves.

Before typing anything I faced Taylor.

"You know... I really don't need to do this. You make me happy, Taylor."

The way his eyes dilated, I saw how his eyes just lit up. His lips were perfectly parted. I pulled my chair closer to him before nearly leaning in. Am I really about to kiss him? If anything, I'm ready. I see him leaning in as well. He wants me as much as I want him.

Dinnggggg....

"OH." Taylor rubbed his palms on his legs. "I guess that was the sound signaling that the oven is warm enough to put the food in. Oops sorry." He took a seat again but pushed himself aside a little. "Where were we again?" His eyes flickered at the laptop with awkwardness then at me with a weak smile.

"You're helping me make an online dating profile."

7/26