XVI

"Shawn?" Taylor moaned as I was awkwardly reaching for his front pocket. "What do you want..." he mumbled. I was debating if I should put him down or not. I end up doing it. It was honestly a struggle bringing him down, kneeling one leg at a time. "Taylor, do you remember what happened before this?"

He started to sigh, and blink his eyes back and forth as much as possible. "I got punched in the head then lip, I uh, I think that's all..." His eyes faded back. "Aw well, tell me where your key is then I'll take care of you." His hand weakly pat his pocket and I guess I have to reach down there and get it like planned, at least this time I have consent to do so.

I found his hotel key and slipped it in, attempting to get him up and bring him to our bed. "Taylor. Should I take you somewhere?" I sighed. My face fell to his chest as I started to tear up. He would occasionally stroke my hair. "Don't." He mumbled, "Don't cry..."

It was my duty to stay strong for him. He may of got beaten up by my ex boyfriend but it's my job to solve this. "I want to get you some ice. Don't fall asleep on me okay?" He nodded weakly. I went to the ice machine, afraid of leaving him alone because I had left a shoe there so I would go straight in instead of having to use a key or knock.

When I got back to the room, the only thing visible was the imprint on our bed. Taylor was out of sight.

I looked a little more and realized the restroom door was closed and you could hear the air vents going on in there. "Taylor?" I knocked. He groaned. "Come out please." I didn't hear him do any actions so I shook the door handle but it was unlocked.

"I'm coming." I whispered before stepping inside. He was lying in the bathtub with no water. Just there, in his boxers. I could see some bruises on his body. "What's going on?" I sighed, examining the six or so bruises upon his upper body.

"Where else does it hurt?" I asked. I put some of the ice cubes on his bruises. Especially prioritizing on putting some in a towel and letting it fall on his head. "Aw my boy.." I wept.

Seeing these black and blue bruises without ever knowing just brought tears to my eyes as my spine just tingled. I didn't like it at all. "Come on... Want me to turn on some warm water?" I did it anyways without his consent.

"Shhh..huhh." he winced as I had to adjust him while accidentally pulling his arm that had the bruises. "I'm so sorry." I sighed.

There was a long silence, nothing but the sounds of water pounding over another. As the water filled up the tub, none of us spoke. I sat on the floor, leaning my back on the tub, being upset nobody but at myself.

"It's my fault isn't it?" I broke the silence, turning to him. "I did it all... if I never talked to Nash, we wouldn't be in this mess. He hurt you didn't he? He's just jealous and irresponsible. I didn't mean to. I thought he was the right guy. I guess he was causing harm and this is just all my fault." I started to tear up then rested my head on the tub. "My fault."

He was quiet. When I looked back to him, his eyes were shut as he laid lifeless in the tub. "You didn't listen to anything I said?" I cried out. "I did... I was letting it... sink in."

"Let's just take you out and I'll give you a massage or something then we'll eat dinner. I don't want your trip to be more ruined than it already is."

"It's not ruined. As long as you're here, I'll have the best t-time of my life. Just don't leave, p-please don't." He whispered.

I took him out and he walked somewhat fine into the main room and laid himself on bed. "Come here with me." He pulled me close, he wasn't wearing anything. He didn't dry off, he just pulled me to him as he rested under the sheets and I was above it. "I love you Shawn."

We laid together. I felt his warm chest press against mine just a little as his head rested upon me. I was afraid of crushing his dick sack since he was one layer under me and he was pretty fragile right now.

"Shawn? Do you want to do something. I don't want to mess this vacation up for you. If you want, go ahead."

"Taylor.. I'll stay here for you. Maybe tomorrow we'll do something instead? Okay. Get some rest."

And so we did as I told. I laid with him and just thought. I thought, can Taylor like me? As in, will he ever. It was something I still over think about.

And then there's Nash, he can't be that manipulative can he. It was despicable and completely thrown off proportions. See, I like Nash. At least I thought so. And I suppose I do but he messed with my friend and there's no way of saying it's okay.

"Taylor?" I whispered. He didn't move. It was weird because I did really, really want to put my arm over him but that means we will be too touchy. Him, under the sheets, pantless, it will be weird.

I mean, totally not weird for me, but he might wake up and find it weird even though he does know I 'liked' him. But I mean I still like him.

I end up sliding off the bed and went over to the couch. There was where I said in comfort of just only my basketball shorts. No blankets or pillows, just sleep.

Even though it was eight, I suppose it's pretty early but hey we're jet lag and Taylor is injured.

Why do I care so much about this anyways. I feel like I should let Taylor know how I really feel. I mean it hurts.

"I love you too, Taylor." I whispered to myself as I gazed upon the boy that has been my best friend for years, sleeping away in a miserable body.

I turned myself away from that gaze so I wouldn't have to look at him ever so fragile. Ah man, I love Taylor but I can't stand to see him like this.

Four more chapters to go.

09/01 - 16