VIIII

Taylor was in the restroom, it was six am. I don't know why we were up so early but my laptop was still on so I decided to change my status to online and randomly talk to people while I wait for Taylor to come back.

EspinosaMatt
hi there

ShawnMuffindes
Hello there matt

EspinosaMatt
I saw ur vid ur pretty cool and open

ShawnMuffindes
Ty ty I tried really hard

EspinosaMatt
I g2g *throws chicken meme* can i get ur number or something and we shall talk about lasagna together ~ :)

"Hey Shawn!" I heard Taylor yell, coming back with a towel around his waist and his hands combing through his hair.

"AH!" I screamed shutting the laptop down forcefully, holding it to my chest.

"Uh. Didn't think I scared you..." I mean like, of course not... seeing my crush shirtless will not scare me at all. The water droplets seeping into his skin as they dry up but new ones continue to clump together as the tremble down his body with every step he takes.

"So I don't have clothes. Can I get some... I know I have some here. I see you wear my clothes to sleep when we talk at night." He winks before circling the room waiting for me to tell him where. "Right. bottom drawer in my closet." Those were where I store only Taylor's clothes.

"Oh. This is nice. I don't remember owning it. Or you neither." He lifted it in the air to display him looking at it closely. I went up and grabbed it from him. "Oh it's Sammy's." I sighed bringing it close to my body. After noticing how protective I was over it, I let loose. "I mean, it doesn't mean anything to me anymore. You can wear it." He sighed and threw it in my dirty basket before grabbing a pair of boxers, cargo shorts, and some animal printed sleeve shirt.

Taylor walked back into the restroom and I went back onto my laptop before he could come back. I retrieved Matthew's phone number and he told me he would talk first. I apologized for the late reply. Soon enough, he told me to make his contact name Matt. Indeed I saved his contact and got ready while looking at the clock to see it say seven am.

I wasn't planning on making this a relationship with Matt, it's like, he seemed like the friendly type and indeed, I will make him my friend. Plus, I told Taylor I'll back away from all this a little even though he's the one who decided this anyways.

••••

"Three more months until Senior Adventure day. I can't wait to go with you Shawn this'll be fun. And then there's prom! We need to find people soon." He smiled while raising my hand in the air of his car. "Right.. fun." I weakly smiled.

He furrowed his eyebrows before speaking, "You're not excited... You have to be!"

"I'm not excited because you'll have all your friends going with you, I'll just be in the background walking behind your crowd. And for prom you'll probably have a amazing date and I'm stuck dancing alone drinking my punch while you make your move." I sniffled at the thought of being alone. Taylor turned me to him during the stop light.

"Shawn.. when we fly to Hawaii, I'll make sure to spend time with you. We can do our own things. I'll be with my friends another time. You're my best friend. And if anything, I will be your date."

Taylor doesn't know the things he does to me. He just makes me want to kiss him on the spot. So much for me being gay and him being the best straight friend ever. I doubt I'll ever change his mind. And I don't see why he does this to me when I know he will not like me.

"Damn it." I yelled out loud. "Shawn what!" Taylor broke and panted. "I just really, really like your company."

••••