III

"Hey you have a reply!" Taylor smiled.

"Cameron Dallas." I read. "Hi I'm Cam. Uh, this isn't for me. I actually have a friend. His name is Jack. Look at him." He pulls his friend over to the camera. "If you find him attractive then I guess you can add me. He doesn't have an account but we can talk about him if you'd like. Or well you two can."

I found Cameron more attractive than Gilinsky but I mean I'll give this Gilinsky guy a chance. Taylor added and messaged him back saying we can trade iMessage numbers or emails.

"You're welcome baby. Now I guess get to know him and I would love to drive you to your first date." I blushed at his comment.

"You're implying that you want to be here every step of the way." We kind of did this thing where we rocked with each other from side to side anytime one of us made a joke. Our shoulders and knees touching as we'd just sway and laugh together.

-

I started texting Jack after Taylor dropped me off at home. He was awkward and witty with comments but I didn't mind. It kind of reminded me of my old friend Jack Johnson. But this Jack I am talking to right now is Jack Gilinsky.

"Let's meet? Today..." Jack texted. I wasn't ready on the whole meet idea especially since we've only talked for maybe four hours. I had to ask Taylor what would of been a good idea.

Taylor came over a couple hours later after dropping me off. "You should meet him. You deserve to." And with that Taylor took me to a public ice cream parlor. You know, something common and popular-- just incase this whole Jack guy isn't safe.

"Call me when you're ready. Have fun! Don't move on too fast now." I waved Taylor good bye and kept his contact on my home screen just in case... like whenever I open my phone I will be reminded of him and it's a quick access to call if I have to.

I sat in an empty booth and waited a couple minutes, just wondering what flavor I should get, or what type of cone. Maybe I'll get a shake just so it won't be awkward with me licking my ice cream in front of a semi stranger.

I suddenly see a car pull up to the lot, right across me through the window. A firm guy gets out of the car in a black tank top and tight skinny jeans with those original high too vans. I have got to say, he is more impressive in person.

He walked in and circled the room with his eyes before having them land on me. "Taylor right?" He giggled, "I'm playing. Hi Shawn. I'm Jack Gilinsky." I returned a smile at him. "If I didn't know, I would of thought you were Cameron Dallas." He laughed again at my absurd humor.

He asked if we should share a banana split and I didn't mind one bit. We got along pretty well because he liked music too and I could see he had many jokes up his sleeve. I was the same way, however, he was naturally funny, I was the awkward type of funny.

"So you're a senior, Shawn? Haha, I'm going into my second year of college." I surprised myself-- we've got a macho mature guy here now do we. "Pretty smart aren't you?" I laughed. "Definitely. My friend, you know, Cam told me that I needed to relax a little. I kind of got the habit of over doing that. I just might quit school because I'm enjoying my time right now." Wait, he has a good path, why would he quit. I just shrug it off. You know me, I don't always like when people are underachievers but I shouldn't judge.

Jack told me he wanted to take me out, aside from this ice cream shop. A guy accidentally budged him and his eyebrows furrowed as his shoulders raised. "Yo, lil fuck boy, watch where the fuck you're going. Alright man?" To be honest, he completely scared me for a second.

I have to alert Taylor that I'll be leaving the parlor but now I'm kind of afraid to get into the car with Jack. He might drive me off a bridge or even worse, make me drive us. I don't know how to drive!