XVIII

Taylor and I were cuddled together on the bed and I couldn't help but finally feel so glad that we're this close. I remember feint so uncomfortable with him the other day for sharing a bed but now he's actually giving me the feelings I want.

"Today is prom." I whispered against him, hoping he'd wake up. "Taylor?" I sat on his hips and arched my back, letting my face fall to his chest as I tucked myself in, closer to him.

His arms wrapped over me and he rolled me over. "Thought you were slick?" He kisses my neck and gets up, throwing a pillow at me. "Get ready for prom."

It was afternoon, pretty late I know. We didn't get to the hotel until around twelve or so because we wanted to stay until the amusement park closed, which was twelve on the dot.

I listened to the water run in delight. I loved the sound of it steaming. I could almost see the water falling on his back and damn, do I love it.

I rub my eyes and get up. I only have four hours. I need to look presentable. Taylor is my date but I don't want to see him yet. I refuse.

"Taylor get out real quick I have to tell you something!" I yell, banging on the door. "Just come in!" I fondle the door and notice that it's unlocked. I could see his silhouette from the other end of the white curtains.

"Okay. I want to get ready on my own and you get ready on my own. Then we can surprise each other as we show up. It'll be so cute, then we can make an entrance together. Is that okay?"

"Oh. I guess.. sure." he said. "Are you, sure? Like really... sure." I confirmed and he told me it was perfectly fine.

I grabbed my tux from the closet with the shiny professional shoes. I got a hold of my phone and wallet.

Immediately I texted the one person who would assist me in a situation like this.

: PROM TODAY
Matt: WHAT YAY WHO DA LUCKY MAN
: tay... :')
Matt: ah finally !
: yeah I'm going to ft you so you help me
get ready
Matt: actually.. I have a surprise.
: WAT.
Matt: please meet me at this address that I will send to you below
: my heart hurts I'm scared

All my preparations are over my arms as I get ready to meet Matt from the previous text I had with him in the elevator.

I look for someone to catch me a ride and gladly I receive one pretty quick. I'm so anxious I don't bother to talk to my cab driver. I hand him the money plus a tip as soon as he stops the car dropping me off at this plaza.

I see a coffee shop that Matt texted me. There's a short blond, my height that's on the phone. He has nice maroon pants with a baseball tee. "Hello?" I poke his back, "MATTHEWSAURUS!"

"SHAWNIE!" We both clench each other's chest together as we hug for infinite years. I'm so happy I finally met one of the guys who had never caused me trouble.

"My internet friend! Finally woah, let's take a photo!" He grabs his phone right in front of us as I throw my arms over him and I hear the snap.

"I love you!!!!" I yell at him. "Love you Shawn!" He shouts back at me.

"Now let's get going to a groovy store with good lighting to help you assemble yourself for your prom." Matt smiles as he takes his hand in mine. "Oh boy, you talk to me like I'm a toy. And I'm okay with it!"

My back pocket vibrates, its, its just my phone, really.

Taylor: so who's the boy... ): I thought you were getting ready.. Shawn I thought you stopped hiding things with me.
: I AM DONE
Taylor: done with us? Again.
: done as in, I'm done hiding things from you! Taylor, this is matt one of my best friends, aside from you trust me. He's helping me get ready. And now your turn, how do you know where I am and who I am with?
Taylor: your ex sent a photo watch out for him he's around the area..