XIII

Nash and I were at my house, today was when I was suppose to be working with the prom committee but clearly, I was thrown out of that function. We have one week until the senior vacation. So much things being planned at the moment.

I'm here stressing about Nash and Taylor. I mean I like Taylor but he's telling me to go for Nash, in which I really like him to. I thought about giving up. Giving up on Taylor. He won't like me. He is straight. There's no chance.

"Hey Shawn?" Nash snapped me out of my thought while I was scrolling pointlessly on my phone in the back yard.

"Ever had a boyfriend?" Nash asked so suddenly. I was boughten aback. I know where he's going with his. And truthfully, "Yeah.. ton actually, boyfriends and flings. It's really sad because out of all of the seven or so, I didn't 'love' any of them." I sighed knowing everything was true. Maybe I loved Sammy, but maybe it was just what he can do with his hands. I know I've loved Taylor but he doesn't go in my 'ex boyfriend' categories.

Nash sighed. "Sorry for asking."

"Hmm? It's fine don't even worry." I spoke, taking a squat to him, where he was sitting on my porch. "And you, Nash?"

"N-no... and that's why I'm actually here." He stood up and grabbed my hands. "Would you like to be my first boyfriend?" I felt like we were moving to quick, I've only known him for a week. But he's in front of me now, and I've always hated rejection. There's no reason why I shouldn't give him a chance. "Yes Nash." I weakly smiled before going in to hug him.

"I CANT WAIT TO TELL TAY!" I shouted into the hug. I felt him let go. "Wait, tell Taylor? Why..." I frowned at his response. He should understand how close I am with him. "You can't stop me from talking to him. Do you know that? I like you but I still like him as a friend.." Nash backed away. "Alright.. Alright. Sorry I got carried away, I just don't always want to share you."

I pulled him from my arms as his chin rested upon my forehead. "You're so cute." I whispered. "You too, baby, you too." I felt the way he smiled, as his lips vibrated against my little hairs sticking up.

My first happy relationship in a long time.

••••

"Is it too soon if I ask I can sleep over? I mean I don't have to!" Nash panted walking around the room.

"Haha, Nash it's okay. I'll just ask my mom. She doesn't know you that well so, maybe you can meet her, she'll be home pretty soon." I offered and he agreed.

He's been at my house for roughly three hours, not to mention it's been our three hour anniversary! I'm ready for him to meet my parents!

I asked him to just go downstairs for now and wait until she gets here. "Want to make a good impression?" I asked him. He nodded and I suggested that he make coffee. My mom loves coffee.

"Hey hold on my phone is ringing." I mentioned as I went to pick it up, the ringtone being far familiar

: hey matt

Matt: Hello shawn

: you called?

Matt: Just wondering hows life

: I'll text you instead

-

I told Matt how I'm dating Nash now but he didn't approve. For some reason, he ships Shaylor, which is not happening. Boy I wonder how long Nash and I will last. To be completely honest I am really concerned.

"I think your mom is home." Nash commented as he looked through the blinds. "Okay babe." I commented as I got ready to open the door for her.

"Hey Hun." She smiled giving me a back pat. "Oh and this is?" she furrowed her eyebrows my direction. "This is Nash, my boyfriend." I giggled at the ending. See, I've never really had anyone to my house before, just Taylor. "Wow, Shawn always gets boys but the only one he brings is his Tay BAE." She emphasized bae. Ugh that word is so basic.

"Oh him..." Nash whispered under breath.

"Staying for dinner, Nash?" My mom asked and he responded with, "Yes, now my question for you! Would you like coffee?" He picked up a warm cup on a coaster. "Aw coffee! Well yes oh my..." she grabbed the cup and took a sip, after stirring the cream a little. "My, wow. This taste better than Tays! Shh don't tell." She started to laugh while whipping her mouth.

Nash smirked putting her cup back on the coaster "Oh so mine is better?"

"Haha, yes actually. Taylor's was pretty good but overly creamy. Yours is perfect. Let me tell you, Shawn cannot make coffee at all. Glad you're here I had a long day and this coffee makes me feel so much better." She smiled while turning the oven on. I smiled knowing that I got to make Nash the slightest bit of happiness.

My mom asked if we wanted to help cook and I couldn't say no because I had a feeling that she'll complain at me if Nash helps and I don't. "Ah yeah mom okay." I said while stirring these vegetables.

-

"Beef strew boys." she smiled as she set the plate down in the middle of the table. I had to call Aaliyah over. I guess my dad was still working so yeah, no need to call him because he'll eat later.

"Oh hi who are you!" Aaliyah asked taking a seat across Nash, in which who sat by me. Nash fondled with his fork before really wanting to answer. "Should I? Uh, nevermind, keep it short, I'm Nash."

We all ate and had small talk. Nash would occasionally rest his hand down on my leg and I honestly didn't like it. Well, I didn't like him doing it. Typically I love this feeling but with him, it just wasn't right.

"Wanna see my room. I decorated it and everything!" Aaliyah tugged both, Nash and my hand as soon as we cleared the dinner table and I guess that's the time my dad got home, I didn't want him to see Nash because, he doesn't really approve of my choice of guys. He's waiting for 'Shaylor' to happen but I don't agree with that term.

When we got to Aaliyah's room it was so different than we expected. I thought it would have strawberries, or princess stuff, maybe unicorns but I guess I'm over estimating my sisters age. I mean she's eleven, and I guess what these girls have on their walls are pictures of boys and palm trees. Christmas lights too? I guess. I thought that's only for the holidays.

"Ooh, cute spot. Mind if I uh-" Aaliyah pushed Nash aside from this one bean bag that was distressed with tie dye and teddy bears with bandanas. "NO!" She panted, running down the seat. "Sorry, you cant sit on that. That one is for Taylor when he had picnics with me and helps with homework." I giggled at the memories. My whole family gets along with him.

She walked toward a smaller, plain purple bean bag that wasn't as fluffy, "But guests sit here." Aaliyah smiled weakly at Nash then back to me. I added, "Well yeah, that circle of three seats is strictly traditional for just us.... me.. Aaliyah.. Taylor."

Nash nodded before sitting just on the floor. I told him he didn't have to sit there but he insisted that it was for the best. It made me feel awkward and uncomfortable knowing that Taylor is mentioned so much in this house hold and I don't even bring him home all the time.

We end up going to my room after helping Aaliyah hang up the posters in areas she couldn't get. As we got to my room, Nash brought up the typical as soon as my door was shut. "So, Taylor?"

"Look, he's my best friend. He's always been there, like forever. Practically my best friend, my brother, my hero. It would mean a lot if you liked him too. I know it seems like my world revolves around him. Yes, it does. But don't worry, I like you and you're my boyfriend. Not Taylor." I see the redness in his cheeks appear. I guided him to the restroom so he'd be able to get ready for bed.

"Right, you're mine not his." Nash smiled as he tucked the blanket over us. He hovered himself over me as we suffocated under the sheets and each other's lips.

I heard a thump by my door, then it opened, the hallway light being visible in my black pitched room. "Oh Taylor again. Next time go sleep in his house if you're going to do such a thing!" My dad shouted, but I could hear the humor in his tone.

The door shut, Nash sighed as be rolled himself onto his back. The blanket went low again as he threw it all onto me and let himself face the wall.

I guess we won't be cuddling on his first sleepover at my house.

08/24 - 13