Chapter 74

The boys have some interviews today. Caroline and I get their outfits ready for them. Before they start, Liam comes over to give me a kiss.

"Well that was sweet." Caroline says.

I smile. "He's always sweet."

Caroline and I watch the interviews. It's the usual questions about a new album and tour. Then one of the interviewers asks about girlfriends. The other boys answer, then it's Liam's turn. I expect him to avoid the question. He doesn't though.

"Yes, I have a beautiful girlfriend, and I'm quite serious about her." Liam says.

I think I'm holding my breath.

The interviewers asks. "What's her name?"

"Her name is Liz." Liam answers as he looks at me and winks.

I smile and try to take a breath.

"Are you in love, Liam?" The interviewer asks.

I hold my breath again. I know Liam loves me but he's surely not going to say so in an interview that millions of people will probably see.

Liam looks at me, grinning. "Yes, I am." He says with the sweetest look on his face.

I gasp. Caroline looks at me. "Are you alright, Liz?" She whispers.

"Yes, it's just...that's the first time he's talked about us in an interview. I guess somehow it makes it all even more real. Caroline, I just love him so much."

"I know you do, Sweetie, it's easy to see." She gives me a hug.

I look up at Liam and he winks. My heart skips a beat. I realize now that I have crossed a threshold. I can no longer imagine my life with anyone but Liam. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.