chapter 26: new opportunites

I ended up falling asleep before he could even order the pizza. He left me on the couch to run to the bathroom, and I found myself dozing off in a minute. He came back to find me completely asleep. At least that's what he told me.

I woke up to hands at my waist, shaking me awake. "Come on, sleepyhead, time to wake up."

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "What time is it?"

"9:00!" he called from another room.

"Any plans for today?" I asked, staring at the walls.

"I've got to head to a photoshoot for the new movie I was telling you about. Remember?"

"You're covered in bruises! How are you going to a photoshoot?" I asked, hoping he would stay instead.

"They cover things up for a living, I'm pretty sure my makeup artists will be completely fine."

I pulled myself out of the couch, taking the blanket with me. I shuffled down the hall until I found where the noise was coming from. Poking my head in, I smiled when I finally found Nicholas.

"Good morning," I said cheerfully. He turned around from his closet, still shirtless, and smiled.

"'Morning, love." He gestured for me to come closer, but to be honest, I was a bit wary. It sounded stupid, but I hadn't actually been in his room yet. When we were at his house, we stayed in the living room. The one time I was in a bed here, we were in a guest room. We were usually at my house anyway.

"Something wrong?" he asked, a look of adorable concern adorning his face. I shook my head, entering anyway and hugging him with the blanket. He wrapped an arm around me and laughed.

"You couldn't be more tired, huh?" he asked, rubbing my shoulder.

I leaned into him, yawning. "You wear me out."

"I know, babe." he returned to searching for a shirt and settled on a dark blue button-up. I wandered over to his bed and plopped down, looking around. 

His bedroom was mostly a creme color. There were little gold accents around, such as plant pots and pillows. There was a fireplace and two seats in front of it. It was so simple and elegant, and it seemed to perfectly fit him. The floor to ceiling windows gave the room so much life and made me feel at ease.

"I like your room." I said nonchalantly, trying to make conversation.

"I designed it. With..." he stopped, looking like he didn't want to say anything else. "Jen's help."

Now I was curious. "You mentioned her before. Who is she?" I asked, making sure I didn't seem angry or demanding. I definitely wasn't either of the two.

"My ex-girlfriend. We broke up a little under a year before I met you."

"Alright." It's not like I was pissed that he had other girls. Obviously he would have other girls. He was famous actor.

He looked kind of surprised, probably because I didn't want any other information. But it was the past. He accepted mine, so of course I would accept his. His came with a lot less baggage, anyway.

He came over sat next to me. "You're not uncomfortable?"

I looked at him, and shrugged. "No. I'm fine."

He looked cautious. "Wow. I thought this conversation would've gone differently. Any other girl would've freaked out if I told them I'd dated Jennifer Lawrence."

I stopped, realization hitting me in the face. "Jennifer Lawrence?"

He laughed. "Yea. That's why you're the best. Thank you for not worrying about it."

Well Jesus, maybe if the Jen didn't have a last name like Lawrence, this wouldn't be so hard.

_________

I went home a half hour later, when Nick had left for his work. At home, I called Jess and talked on the phone for nearly an hour. I went to the store and picked up various food items, and dropped them off at home. After that, I stopped at the gym and stayed there for an hour, taking one of the yoga classes they offered. I wasn't really a yoga person- well, I wasn't. I was just in the mood for some inner connection.

I was pretty bad. But I wasn't expecting anything better, considering how clumsy I am. Angie had recommended it to me, and she used to be as clumsy as me. Now she was actually flexible, and could walk in any pair of heels without an issue.

I drove home and decided to go for a swim in my pool. I was forever thankful that my dad let me stay in his vacation house. It was honestly everything that I've ever dreamed my house would be. It's white, modern thing spreads throughout the entire floor plan, and the clean lines and overall organization makes me feel at ease.

I swam for a few hours and then sat on my beach chair with my Harry Potter book. I fell asleep at some point, and didn't wake up until I heard someone calling my name.

"aAAaAAaaAaAaLrEeeEEEXXX!!!!"

Well it wasn't Nicholas.

"Back here!" Angelina burst through the door with a dramatic entrance, as always, saying

"Babe!!"

She sat down next to me, explaining that she knew we would go swimming. She pulled me into the water again, despite my protests. We ended up floating around and discussing her new job and my jobless life.

"Honestly, Alex, I have no idea how you can just sit around all day.

"Hey!" I said indignantly, "it's a skill that I practice everyday!"

"I mean, look at me! Moving up in the fashion industry like its my...job!"

I laughed "Good one."

She shushed me, and added "Maybe you could work with me!"

I rolled my eyes. "I don't model."

"But you photograph!"

"Is that grammatically correct?"

She grabbed my hand and started shaking me. "Allie! How freaking cool would it be! Carpooling, lunches, talking to hot male models!" She grinned at me. "Well, I can."

"I've already got a male model." I winked, and she frowned.

"Eeew! Gross!"

Honestly, my heart was racing at the idea of a new job. I would love not having to sit around anymore. And taking photos of people? It seemed like a dream come true.

"I mean..." I stopped, biting my lip.

She jumped up and clapped. "I'll talk to my supervisor! We've been looking for "skilled photographers with experience"!"

My eyes widened. "Ang, I don't have experience."

"You were a photography major in college!"

"I dropped out after two years!"

She plopped down and huffed. "I'm talking to my supervisor anyways."

I shrugged. "I'm calling Jessica." Angie nodded.

Our phone conversation lasted for a few minutes, and we suggested she bring board games and ice cream.

They ended up leading at 11, and I fell asleep not much later.

_______________

the picture above is what I picture Alex's room to look like.

Anyways, here it is. Pretty boring, I know. im babysitting at the moment. Can't wait to publish the next few chapters. Big stuff guys!

all my love.