Chapter 8: Little Mistakes

I blinked, trying to wake up. It was pitch black, everywhere. "Shit!" I exclaimed, flailing and hitting the carpeted floor.

As I slowly came to my senses, I realized I wasn't in mortal peril, and I had fallen asleep on Nicholas. Somehow he hadn't woken up when I screamed. I pulled myself off the floor, standing and stretching. How...I was still in that dress. I figured he must have laundry, and I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Here come the 500 pounds of muscle security guards." I mumbled to myself, but instead I saw a petite figure. "Alexandria?"

"Oh...hi Jamie. Sorry for waking you."

"Don't worry about it. Whoa, are you comfortable? Do you want to borrow clothes?"

Suspicions confirmed: the blonde bimbo actually did live here.

"Really?" I asked, smiling. She seemed sweet.

"Of course. Here!" She ran to a separate room, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt and handed them to me.

"Thanks Jamie." I suppose I shouldn't be so hard on people.

She nodded and left, walking upstairs. I pulled the dress off myself, laying it over the table and pulled into a pair of sweatpants and the T-shirt on. Stupid shirt was just a bit tight, but not that bad. I turned around to grab my phone but instead saw Nicholas sitting up, eyes directly on me.

Our eyes connected and I was so embarrassed, I nearly fainted.

"Did you...?"

"Uh...yea. Sorry..."

"I thought you were asleep."

"I thought that would be the reason."

He had a smirk on his face. Damn it.

"Are you mad?"

"I thought it was obvious." I retorted, crossing my arms.

Nicholas chuckled. "Don't worry, I've seen worse."

"Hey!" I said indignantly, but he just laughed again.

"You're the worst."

"You're the one who changed in front of me."

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. "Stop talking about it!"

He caught the pillow and set it aside, adding "Not that you we're bad or anything."

"NICHOLAS!"

"Yes?"

"I want to go to sleep."

He chuckled, standing and yawning. "I have an extra bedroom if you'd like it."

I nodded and said "Thanks."

He took my hand and led me upstairs and into a soft pink room. I looked at him and stuck my tongue out. "I approve."

"Good." He rolled his eyes, quickly sweeping my off my feet and into his arms. "Hey!" I giggled, unable to stay mad at him.

He chuckled, laying me on the bed and sitting next to me. "What?" He asked me innocently.

"You're the worst."

"You already said that."

"Just restating the facts."

He shrugged. He laid down next to me, letting me have my distance. I didn't object, but I said "I thought this was going to be strictly my room."

"I asked if you wanted to use the extra bedroom. Never specified where I would be." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Cheeky."

"I know."

I sighed, giving up. He started humming a tune I didn't know, though I could tell he had a lovely voice. Listening to his song made my eyelids sag until I was asleep. Right before I slipped under, I heard his voice add "Irresistible, aren't I?"