Chapter 25: Another Adventure

My body plunged into freezing cold water, laughing hysterically and trying to catch my breath. I kicked, eventually reaching the surface and sucking in a breath.

"Nicholas!" I screeched, my entire body numb. He dove in after me, pulling me under him and kissing me underwater. He pulled me up and threw me a few feet away from him and started swimming at me.

"No, no way!" I splashed him, diving away. I had no idea where this idea came up, but we were currently in his neighbor's backyard, splashing around in their pond. Nicholas had a huge backyard, but technically (as his neighbor loved to remind him), it wasn't his pond. But we were still there, hoping we wouldn't get caught.

My attempt to escape was unsuccessful, and soon I was caught in his strong arms again. "Nooo," I whined "no more throwing! I'll be sick all over you!"

He pondered this for a second, but matter-of-factly said "I'll risk it." before tossing me again. The moon had lit the earth so shadows were cast everywhere, stars burning bright billions of miles away. 30 minutes ago I was on top of him, and then we just stopped. Nothing happened. I pulled him up, and we left for his house. And here we are.

We splashed around for 15 minutes until I pulled myself out of the water. "No!" I laughed, running up the shore, and he chased right after me. We weren't even prepared for this, I was in a bra and panties and he was in his boxers. Did it make everything slightly more sexy? Yes, very much yes. I couldn't be having more fun though. I was dripping wet, and he caught up to me easily. He pulled me into his arms, our slick bodies pressed together, and I laughed softly. His eyes were a beautiful blue, the moon shadowing his face to contour it even further. He was so amazing.

I wasn't cold, even though the wind was blowing, and I wasn't worried about catching pneumonia, even though I should've been. He was there, worrying was pointless. He was protecting me.

"It's gorgeous out here." I said, slightly breathless, my eyes scanning the area around us. "Just look at the stars, they're amazing."

"In my world, you're brighter than all of those stars." he murmured, pulling me closer to him and smiling, our foreheads leaning together. I closed my eyes, breathing in and out to his heartbeat.

"Thank you," I whispered, my voice barely audible above the winds roaming through the trees. He began to pull me back to the shore, helping me out and following in my footsteps.

"Well that wa-" he stopped, whipping around the find the people next to him pulling into his driveway. "Shit" he whispered, dragging me in the opposite direction, back towards his house.

"Why do we even have to run?" I asked, putting a lot of effort in the keep up.

"Shhhh, last time this happened he threatened to call the police, Jen nearly..." he trailed off, shaking his head and continuing to run until we reached his house. I sat down on a bench, sucking in air, trying to refill my body with oxygen.

"Jesus babe, are you really that out of breath? You weigh absolutely nothing." he laughed, his chest rising and falling slightly.

"I may be thin, but I am no where near fit." I retorted.

He rolled his eyes, turning around to a closet and pulling out a towel out and handing it to me. I wrapped myself up, letting my breathing return to normal before asking a question.

"So, who's Jen?" I asked, and he smiled, sitting next to me.

"No one, dear. Do you want to go inside? I'm quite tired."

"No, I'm quite awake. If she's no one, then why did you mention her?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

He turned to me, his eyes making me melt right away. "No one important." he murmured, leaning in to kiss me lightly and pulling away. "Let's order a pizza."

"Oooh food," I giggled, jumping up and running inside, leaving him to follow me in.

-___________________________________

It's short and bad but I wanted it up and yes I know it took forever but I love you so yea