Chapter 7: Movie Night

We were barely thirty minutes into the movie, but I had already cackled like a maniac multiple times.

Like that part when he had to stare at that guy and mumble and groan? Hysterical.

He chuckled, fascinated that I was so interested, but had gone red in the face multiple times.

"You're so cute." I laughed, and then feeling my cheeks redden even deeper than his. He grinned at my reaction. "Thanks!" And I knew that he wouldn't let me forget that. "Ooooooh! Look! It's your zombie face on that 50 inch screen!" And he immediately stopped smirking.

I heard footsteps click down the stairs. "Fondue, anyone?" Called a sweet girlie voice, and then Jamie entered the room.

I have never been more jealous in my life. Not when Angie looked so perfect at prom, not when my sister got a perfect car, not even when Rob cheated on me. Jamie was Barbie. She had the long golden hair, tall petite body, bright blue eyes, the perfect smile and voice.

I knew I shouldn't be jealous. Nicholas wasn't mine in the first place. But it wasn't that I was only jealous of the relationship she could have with him, it was everything about. Right from her perfect eyebrows, plump red lips, down to her manicured hands, down to her perfect long legs. And she wasn't wearing any makeup. Totally not fair.

But Nicholas didn't bat an eye. "Thanks love." He grinned, setting the little platter on the table. She nodded and left, humming to herself. I poked the little piece of bread onto the fork, dipping it into the cheese in the hearing bowl. I chewed and swallowed and almost moaned. "This is the best thing I've ever eaten!" I gasped after I finished, and he nodded.

"I agree!" He nodded enthusiastically, nibbling at the bread. I laughed, looking at the movie again. In ten minutes or so, we had finished, me a little bit more jealous of the lady upstairs than I should be.

"Anything to drink?"

I thought for a moment, and decided that "More champagne, if you have any?" was the best option. My head was already foggy, but I hadn't felt this okay in weeks.

"Champagne, please, Jamie!"

Then she reappeared, holding a gigantic bucket of popcorn and drinks. "Thanks!" He said, eyes not leaving the television. I smiled softly, eyes averted. She left, a weird look on her face. I then returned to the television.

Nearly an hour later of laughing and, I have to admit, crying, I was watching Nicholas talk to a beautiful blonde. And then he kissed her.

Man did I feel awkward.

I should have known that he would have kissed her. I mean, he just got his heart back and shit but I still felt awkward.

And it wasn't his fault. The director told him to do it. I'm an actress, I know these things as well. I think what rubbed me the wrong way was that it was a PERFECT BLONDE girl. Like really, God and Jesus wanted to ruin my day.

Instead of being awkward, I let the alcohol talk for me. "Hey, hey Nicholas."

He looked at me, kind of confused. "Yea?"

"You just smooched that lady. Was that awkward for you?"

He didn't look at me but he still went bright red. "Really?" he finally looked at me and just chuckled, ignoring me after that.

A little while later the movie ended and the only light was the one that came from black TV screen. I didn't really move and he didn't either. I didn't want to move. He was warm and inviting and I never wanted to leave.

I could forget about Rob and his lies. Forget about everything for a little while.