Chapter 11: First Date

Uh...hi.

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME

I'LL UPDATE SOMETIME SOON I promise I've just been sooo busy!

And I think you guys don't know about this chapter because of wattpad issues. So here's chapter 11! Read it? Sorry! Haven't yet? READ ON!

________

I pulled the door open, and there stood Nicholas with his hands in his pockets. He looked up and a smile lit up his face to match mine. He held out a hand for me and I took it, following him and hopping into the car when he opened the door for me. I was a bit surprised, it was a pick-up truck with nothing in the back of it.

When he had started the car, I waited a moment before eagerly asking "Where are we going?"

He shook his head, pulling out of my driveway. "Ah ah ah, I can't ruin the surprise!"

I groaned. "Nicholas! I want to know..."

He only shook his head in response. I sighed, turning away and pouting. He reached over to gently take my hand, running small little circles into my hand. I looked up at him with wide, pleading eyes. 

"Not even a hint?"

"Sure." He finally gave in.

"Really?! What is it?!"

"You're going to love it!"

I glared at him, narrowing my eyes. "You're cruel."

"I told you it's a surprise!"

"Mmhmm." I mumbled, looking out the window, seeing we had left the town limits. The suspense was killing me, I just wanted to know.

After a few more minutes of weird conversations and little jokes, he stopped the car and hurried around to let me out.

"Are you going to tell me now?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

"You're relentless."

"Why thank you."

He took my hand again and led me around to the back of the truck. He picked me up around my hips and helped me into the back and then pulled himself up. I noticed a little blanket in the floor of the truck, a little bunch of roses leaning against the side. I grinned and noticed little champagne flutes and then saw a jug of apple juice.

I turned to him and laughed. "You did this all for me?"

"It's not much..."

"I love it. And how did you know I love apple juice?"

"You talked about it in your sleep..." He said with a sly grin.

"Apple juice is my life." I answered simply, casually shrugging it off. And, I was surprised at this, I was not embarrassed in the slightest.

He chuckled and leaned back against the truck. I cautiously let my head down on his shoulder, looking up at the sky, thousands of stars twinkling merrily back at us.

And then a streak of light lit up the purplish sky, and I gasped. "What was that?!"

He looked at me briefly, shushing me to calm me down. "It's nothing, keep watching."

I hesitantly looked back at the sky as it was lit up more and more, and finally I realized what it was. "You brought me to a meteor shower..." It wasn't a question, more of a statement, and I had said it in a whisper.

He looked down at me and smiled sweetly. "You talked about stars in your sleep as well, I figured you would like a meteor shower."

"I love it. Thank you so much." I murmured, completely starstruck by the light show above us.

My eyes travelled up to his face, watching as the lights lit up across his face, making his eyes twinkle with each passing streak of light. He caught me staring, looking down at me with a smirk and I quickly looked away, but I heard his laugh. I felt my face heat up, and he just pressed a kiss to my temple. I sighed, happy and content, watching the sky and occasionally looking at the handsome face that was inches from mine.

I wanted to talk, to mention something. But I couldn't bring myself to break the silence. It was comfortable and sweet and relaxing. This was the sort of silence that wasn't awkward. The silence spoke everything we would have said.

I didn't fall asleep; I was too infatuated with the stars. I must have jostled him because Nicholas blinked sleepily, looking around and seeing me.

"Beautiful."

I felt my cheeks go pink and I just looked at my hands in my lap. "I could stay here forever." I whispered, eyes wide in amazement over the beautiful scene in front of me.

"I agree, but we should start home. I have some work to get to." He said, sounding genuinely sorry.

"That's fine!" I said quickly, not wanting to be the girl that stood in the way of his job. As he helped me down, I asked him where he had gotten the truck. I had never seen him use it before.

"Oh, a friend of mine, he let me borrow it."

And suddenly I was face to face with him, hands entwined. I could see his beautiful eyes, how they searched mine. Slowly, he leaned down and kissed me, his lips soft and warm.

In that moment, everything was perfect and a dream had been born.

_________

Guys I need your help!

Someone please comment or message me or whatever and tell me how to delete a chapter on wattpad for an iPhone? It won't let me delete anything so yea...help please! I will love you forever!