Chapter 21: Another Chance

I woke up on a soaked ground, sunlight warming my body. I heard someone yelling my name. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. Everything was blurry.

"ALEXANDRIA?"

I groaned. Why was anyone looking for me anyways? Nobody needed me, so why should I wake up?

"Alexandria!" I heard pounding footsteps and someone was kneeling in front of me. Someone took my face in their hands, and I pushed the hands away, lying down again.

"Leave me alone." I muttered.

"Baby, you gotta get up." I heard, and someone kissed my face repeatedly. "I missed you so much, you scared me."

"Go away." I hissed, pushing hands away.

I knew it was Nicholas when he started talking. His accent, his hands, even his lips. To be honest though, I was pissed. He left me in the rain. I was cold and sad all night.

"Babe, I know I messed up, I didn't know what to think or say. I was stupid. You're the one that's hurt. That's why I called the police."

"What?!" I gasped, jumping up, pushing him away again. "Are you stupid? He'll come after me now!"

"No he won't. He's been taken into custody."

I should've been relieved, but now I would have to go to court or something. I sighed. "Whatever. Just take me home."

He nodded, picking me up I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling more tears squeeze through. I sucked in a breath and couldn't manage to continue with a normal breathing pattern.

"It's okay my love, I'm here."

"You left me." I sobbed, and he hugged me tighter. "You left me in the rain, it was windy, I had to sleep here last night."

"Shh, please, don't cry anymore. I was selfish and cruel and I wasn't thinking about you. I know you're the one hurt. You're the victim." He placed me in his car, buckling me in. He must have known that I had a death wish, and I wouldn't have buckled myself in if he had left it up to me. He stepped outside and circled around the car, stepping inside. He started the car and turned the heat up, noticing how much I was shivering. "Here." he handed me his jacket, but I stubbornly let it drop to the ground.

"No."

"Babe, I know you're mad, but I don't want you to get sick."

"I don't want anything." I hissed, turning my body towards the window.

He sighed, putting the car into drive and turning down the street. I fell asleep sometime on the way home, but it felt like a few seconds when I finally woke up, and I was more tired than when I fell asleep in the first place. Nicholas carried me back inside, and he laid me on the bed. His lips brushed over my neck and I rolled away from him.

"Just go." I said. My voice sounded broken, hurt, depressed, and sickened.

"Alex..."

"Go." I closed my eyes, feeling my comforter start to soak up the water that had soaked my clothes earlier before. "Leave like you did last night."

Obviously I hit a nerve. He didn't move for a while, but he sat down gently on my bed. His hands lingered around my face, sliding down my back and under my shirt. I shivered, but didn't have enough energy or heart to move. I felt his body lie down next to mine.

"Babe, don't you know I'm sorry?"

I didn't respond, pulling my shoulder away from him.

"I wasn't thinking about you, or us. I was thinking about myself and I know I'm a jerk for it. But...can you forgive me? I missed you last night, so much. I wanted you to be in a nice bed, preferably mine. Didn't you want that?" he asked, his lips brushing against my ear, making my stomach clench

"You left me." I whispered, and he shook his head, kissing down my neck.

"Don't think about that. You're home, comfortable. You're safe and nothing will happen to you. I won't let anything happen to you.

"You-you still left me. I had to sleep in a forest."

"Please baby, don't hold it against me. I know I'm rude, stupid, selfish, inconsiderate, and I wish I could take everything back. I missed you so much, and I didn't sleep last night. Alex, I care about you so much. Please don't leave me." His voice was pleading with me, and I know that I couldn't leave him.

Without thinking, I rolled over until I was hovering over Nicholas, my legs straddling his waist. My arms were next to his head and my hands ran through his hair. "You're an idiot." Anger and pain were bubbling in my stomach.

"I know."

"I should kick you out."

"I know." I bit my lip, leaning down so my face was inches from his.

"And I know that you really want to kiss me, huh?"..

Nicholas nodded, sucking in a breath and his hands trail up my thighs. "Damn." he breathed. His eyes never left mine, and I leaned down and kissed him. Immediately our lips moved together, and instead of being slow and gentle like yesterday, it was much more rushed and passionate.

Kissing Nicholas was so much different than kissing Rob or someone else. It was intimate and close and instead of satisfying me it just made me want him more. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer until there wasn't any room left. My hands slipped down to his waist and underneath his shirt. My fingers roamed over his warm stomach and I moaned softly, feeling his stomach clench under my soft touch. He rolled me over until I was underneath him, and I quickly started pulling his shirt off. He yanked it off himself, throwing it off my bed and kissing down my neck.

"You know that it's not your fault you have that mark, right?" he asked me, and I nodded, breathing in a shaky breath. "The only person who should leave you those marks is me." he said, his voice turning me on even further. It was deep and raspy, and I nodded again, my eyes slipping shut. His lips returned to my neck, sucking and nipping at my neck until I knew he had left his own mark.

Nicholas pushed his own hands down until they reached the waistband of my jeans.

"Nicholas!" I jumped, and his thumbs hooked into my pants.

"Yea?" he asked, his bright blue eyes looking electric.

"You are the worst tease." I hissed, kissing him again.

Suddenly my door slammed open, and I heard Angelina's voice shriek "ALEXANDRIA!''

I yelled, jumping away from Nicholas and rolling off the bed. I hit the floor with a bang. "Jesus Ang, can't I get a fucking break?"

Nicholas sat up, looking somewhat embarrassed but not bothering to cover up. I threw him his shirt but he shrugged. At least I got a lovely view of his stomach. Angelina covered her eyes and pretended to vomit. "I never expected to see you locking lips with him. Or with anyone for that matter-"

"Angelina, shut up!" I yelled, throwing my pillow. She caught it and laughed, setting it back on my bed but as far away from Nicholas as she could be. I was as red as a tomato and I couldn't even look Angelina in the eye.

"He looks good though."

"ANG!" I rolled my eyes, plopping facedown on my bed.

Why did this have to happen to me?