Chapter 15: "Officially"

Sorry it's taken forever, my lovelies, but my grandfather died and just...summer, in general. I'll post more regularly now. :) It's also quite short...meh, it's meaningful, and I couldn't think of anything else to write really. Well enjoy reading! < 3 also, like I said before, please go check out my other story! It's called Le Monde du Rêve, by my other username chekoli. I would love you forever if you left a comment or vote as well! I doubt you even read this but if you did I LOVE YOU and if you didn't I STILL LOVE YOU. Okay? Here's the link:

http://wattpad.com/story/6433387?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link

_________________________________

My feet slowly sunk into the sand with each step I took, and I smiled. I loved the beach more than almost anything, had I told Nicholas that? Probably not, he just knew.

He sat down in front of the waves, holding his arms out for me. I plopped down next to him, his arms immediately going around my waist. I giggled softly, and leaned against his shoulder, listening to the waves crash against the surf and he seagulls in the distance. It wasn't perfect weather, it was actually quite dark and cloudy, but I didn't mind. I was safe.

"So, my dear, what's on your mind?" He asked me.

Peculiar question. I decided not to say anything about it, and just shrugged. "Jessica's quite scary when she sees a celebrity she loves."

Nicholas nodded in agreement, laughing. "I wasn't expecting that when you opened the door."

"Neither was I, actually." I admitted. "She loves you, of course she does, but she was yelling at me for stealing her boyfriend."

"Really?" he chuckled softly. "That's funny."

"She's delusional."

"I figured as much." we both laughed, and I watched a bird attack the remains of someone's sandwich. Not the prettiest sight.

"I'm sorry about all of their questions. It's just that the both of them are very protective of me, and they always want to make sure that who ever I talk to is trustworthy."

I could tell he was confused. "Well why would that be?"

"I...I've been hurt before." I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"What do you mean?" he murmured, knowing it was a delicate subject.

"I've had two boyfriends. The first one left me for some girl, and the other one cheated on me with one of my friends. That was Rob, the party we met at, the one who kept glaring at you."

"Oh."

"I mean, they know I'm sensitive about this kind of stuff, so any guy I meet automatically gets grilled with every question they could possibly imagine, no matter how personal or how offensive it could be. Usually they just leave, even if they are just friends, because they are so scared of my two best friends." I gave a small laugh, but it still hurt to talk about it. "It's good that they have my back though. I used to trust people very easily, now I barely trust people at all. Friends and boyfriends always leave me or ignore me, and then there are the ones who pretend to like me but secretly hate me. That scares me. But Angie and Jess know that a guy is usually the one that hurts the most, so they are protective.

At that point, Nicholas and I had been going on dates and such for about two months. Mostly we would just go to cafes around the city, but it depended on how we both were feeling.

Nicholas was silent for a few moments, until he moved, moving to sit in front of me and taking my face in his hands. His bright blue eyes searched mine, seeing the fear and sadness that lurked there. "Alexandria, you know that I would never hurt you, right?"

I looked at my hands, playing with my fingernails. "I know." I said quietly.

"Alex." He lifted my gaze gently, and said "I'm being serious. I know how hard it is to trust me, you've only just met me. But I feel like you're different somehow. I want to protect you, and keep you safe. I want to show you that we can be something, more than friends, and it can be enjoyable. You have to be able to trust me though. Can you trust me?"

I felt tears forming in my eyes. "Of course."

He smiled, wiping away my tears with his thumbs. "Don't cry, love. There's nothing to cry about."

I couldn't answer him. I swallowed the huge lump in my throat, still not able to form words. Instead I just leaned forwards and kissed him, feeling butterflies erupt in my stomach. His arms fell, taking my hands in his own, and he pulled away after a few moments.

"Also, I would like to ask you something."

I smiled, wiping away my own tears. "Yes?"

"Alexandria Novick, would you like to officially be my girlfriend?" He grinned sheepishly, and I felt a huge smile on my face.

"Yes, yes of course, Nicholas Hoult."

He laughed, pulling me towards him again and kissed me.

Everything seemed different with him. He never pressured me to do anything that I wasn't okay with. He only wanted to see my smile. I had never had anything like him before.