Chapter 23: Fight for me

As my fingers came to a stop, they slowed on the keys and fell into my lap. He leaned closer to me, pressing his lips to my temple. "Lovely babe, really."

I smiled, feeling butterflies in my stomach. I hoped I never became tired of his kisses. "Thank you so much." I whispered, and he nodded. His arms snaked around my waist and shoulders and he pulled me up. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck and nuzzled into his neck, breathing in. God he smelled amazing.

This is a problem. I literally think about his smell.

I sighed and he chuckled. "Tired?"

"Ah...not really." I said, but I yawned despite my wants.

"Come on, let's go to bed. We can snuggle?"

"Well how can I deny that sort of offer?" I said, causing him to laugh. He brought us over to my bedroom, laying me down and pulling my blankets over me. I shivered, remembering the night before. He must have picked up on this because he slid into the bed next to me, pulling me into his shirt. "I know baby, I know. I'm sorry and I won't let anything happen to you again."

I fell asleep to his quiet humming.

_________________________________________

Four hours later he had taken me out to dinner. He offered to take me somewhere fancy and even though I fought his gracious offer (I had wanted to go to McDonald's). We settled on a pub a mile or so away from my house. After a finished meal, Nicholas had gone up to pay for our dinner when an attractive blonde slid across from me at my table.

His blue eyes raked over me, sliding down to my chest and back up. I suddenly became strikingly aware of my strapless dress.

"Excuse me." I said quietly, looking away and back at him.

"What's a beautiful lady like you doing alone here?" he said smoothly, eyes glazed over with lust.

"I'm not alone actually. My boyfriend...boyfriend is here." I stuttered, fiddling with my hands in my lap.

"Well I don't see him now. Why don't you give me your number so we can talk later-"

"I don't think that will happen." I heard a stony quiet voice from behind me.

"Uh, what?" The guy across from me asked, raising is eyebrows. Nicholas was tall, but when this guy stood up, he was as tall as him.

"You heard me."

"Well it's not that intimidating when a stick is trying to threaten me." he hissed. Granted, this blonde had huge muscles. Unattractive, no thanks.

"Oh shut up. She's mine, you knob." he spat, and I silently wondered what a twat was. I stood up quickly and moved over to Nicholas.

"Let's just go home, please?" he looked down at me, eyes soft but when he looked up at this guy they darkened with anger.

"No, I can't. Not when some jerk is trying to hit on you."

The blonde ignored him and looked at me. "Maybe you should come home with me. We would have a lot more fun that whatever you do with him."

In an instant, Nicholas had shoved him into the wall and was screaming at him. "Don't you dare talk to her like that!" He reached back to punch him and I dove forwards.

"Nicholas!" I shrieked, not wanting him to get hurt. Sure, Nicholas was tall, but the blonde was huge. He yanked his arm away and grabbed his opponent's collar.

I turned around, not knowing what to do as panic built up inside of my chest. This couldn't happen, Nicholas could get hurt!

"Ryder?!" I heard a deep voice yell and someone came running past me. He was a brunette, and I thought he was going to break up their fight. I just wanted to go home.