Chapter 9: Questions

When I woke up this time I wasn't as surprised. Just warm and comfortable.

I spotted my phone on the side table, so I went to get up, but I realized it was a creaky bed. Nicholas groaned, rolling over to face me. Oops.

I think it really hit me that he was unbearably attractive at that moment. He had short brown hair, tousled from sleep. Full red lips paired with a small nose. Thick eyebrows over eyelids with short eyelashes. Then his beautiful eyes. Made my heart flutter and I could barely breath. If I could stare into his eyes forever I knew I would be so happy. They were such a bright blue, tropical even.

"Are you done yet, babe?" Nicholas's eyes were suddenly open, his voice deep and husky.

I gasped, quickly looking away and at the clock, face flushed red. I had been staring at him for five minutes and he was awake the whole time?!

"Nicholas!"

"Yes?" He asked innocently, those eyes locking with mine.

"Do you find joy in embarrassing me!?"

"I'm surprised you even have to ask that Alexandria."

I rolled my eyes, looking down at his face.

"How did this even happen?" I asked, voice somewhat soft.

"What?" He asked, voice still husky. I swallowed, wishing he wasn't so sexy. At least I didn't have to look at him right now, so I turned away and walked around the bed to grab my phone. As I reach out, another hand came into my vision and snatched it away.

"Nicholas! I have to text my friends!"

"Later, it's not polite to text while your out at someone's house." He smirked up at me and I sighed. He was right. "So how did what happen?"

"I don't know...this. How did I end up in Nicholas Hoult's freaking house?"

"Well...you needed help. I wanted to be there for you. I don't like to see anyone hurt. So I just wanted to make you feel better."

I smiled even though he couldn't see it. "Thanks." I whispered.

«Nicholas's POV»

I knew she was smiling, i could hear it in her voice, and I smiled as well. What I had said was true. She seemed off at the party, I figured that maybe a dance might help.

Not that I think I'm the solution to everyone's problems. I just wanted to help. And then when she came running out...I felt my heart break for her. She hurt so bad, and all I wanted to do was make her happy again.

Then when she told me that her ex-boyfriend had cheated on her- that drove me crazy. Why would someone hurt her?! She just seemed innocent and sweet. Someone who needed someone else to be there for her when she couldn't be there for herself. I could tell that she didn't realize it yet. She didn't know she needed anyone else.

I hadn't known her for very long at that point, but she was so beautiful. I wanted to help her so she could feel beautiful on the inside. She had built up so many walls that I would have to break down but I knew it was worth it.

I just wanted to help her. If I ended up falling for her then so be it.

I wanted to be the one to help her see she was beautiful. I wanted to show her that love was worth it.

I wanted to show her that love was worth it though I knew I would have to make her trust me.

____________

Sorry it's a bit short.

What do you think of Nicholas's POV? Should I do more?

:) 300+ reads??? Thank you so much!