Chapter 2: Preparations

I pulled myself off of the couch, eyes blinking sleepily. I looked around. No one was home. I stood up, stretching.

Memories of last night came pouring back to me, and it felt like I had to go through the whole situation over again. At least that sleepover was nice.

A few moments later, a few more memories came tumbling back. Angie and Jess had left after breakfast. I must have fallen asleep again. Glancing drearily at the clock, I rubbed my eyes, not believing them.

"It can't be 5:00!" I shrieked. I threw the blankets off myself, running to my room. I had showered earlier today, thank god. I must have fallen asleep after my shower. I scrambled around my room, searching for anything to wear.

I stopped myself. "Relax!" I muttered to myself. "You want to make him regret losing you." I pulled my nicest periwinkle dress out. I really like it, its formal but it fits me well. I pulled my small make-up collection given to me by Angie.

A little fun fact about me: I'm artsy. I paint, sing, act, dance, write...you name it, I've done it.

So putting make up on wasn't necessarily hard but it was sort of annoying. It turned out better than I thought actually; I had imitated Angie's previous make up job on my face pretty well. Base, foundation, concealer, eyebrows, eye shadow, fake lashes, eyeliner, contour, blush, lipstick. I chose my darkest red, knowing the extra confidence boost it would give me. I let my hair out in its natural curly loose waves. I liked my hair that way. After about a half hour of that, I finally finished my entire look for the night.

I pulled on my nude colored high heels and observed myself in the mirror. I was really proud of myself for putting this thing together and actually making it look really good. Usually I just wear casual stuff. This was a huge step up.

I stretched again, still feeling tired and kinda messed up.

Now that we've reached a bit of down time, I'd like to tell you a bit about myself.

Okay. My life is kinda just...sad. My mother and father had me as a mistake. They were never really together. My mother died a few years later. I've been living with my Dad since then, but two years ago I moved out for my house. I think he's looking for a new girlfriend, but I just feel like he's not ready.

I'm currently 25, my birthday just happened. April 27. I stand at 5'8", which isn't too tall. You know how I look but like that old saying, don't judge a book by its cover.

I have depression. Since Mom died, I can't deal with my dad. He tries, but he just doesn't understand. People at school don't hate me. They just don't want me. I'm not wanted anywhere really. I feel like I could just vanish and no one would want me.

And its not that I'm always depressed. I can smile and laugh and have fun. But sometimes I just sit and cry because everything is too much. Rob helped me in the beginning. I sometimes want to cut myself when I'm hysterical, but I just manage to tell myself that my mother spent nine months forming me and I don't want to ruin her greatest creation. I'm not being conceited; life is the greatest creation. I almost killed myself once. I'm better now, somewhat. I still hurt sometimes. This whole breakup hasn't helped me. I've been crying and having mental breakdowns much more frequently.

I don't want pity either. So I don't act sad. That's where being an actress helps. I act normal so people don't ask questions.

A loud obnoxious car horn jolted me back to reality.

"Come on, bitch, were waiting!" called the familiar voice of Jessica. I laughed softly, pulling everything I needed together, including my sadness, and quickly left the apartment.

<«~»>

Stepping out, I saw the long black limousine waiting in front of my house. Awkwardly I remembered that Rob had rented it for Angie, Jess and myself. I let myself in and they both gasped.

"You look gorgeous!" Jess laughed, a huge grin on her face, and Angie nodded excitedly along.

"You both look amazing!" I said, quickly changing the subject. Angie had a lovely skin tight black dress on, looking sexy and happy, while Jess took a more reserved approach. She had a royal blue dress that was about knee length adorning her beautiful frame.

"I don't know how I even deal with the both of you. I hate pretty people!" they both laughed, and I looked around. "Nice limo, huh?" I muttered to myself, but Jessica heard me anyways.

"I know right! There's a mini fridge if you want anything!" she giggled. I shook my head, not wanting anything that Rob had prepared for me.

I sighed, wishing I was in a better mood like last night. so taking a deep breath and focusing on a character I wanted, I quickly managed to take on the happiness that my two friends had.

"So ladies..." I giggled excitedly. "Planning on finding that special someone tonight?"

Angie laughed. "I don't know, I think I'd rather someone to spend the night with!" she said, a smirk growing on her face.

Jessica threw a fluffy pillow at Angie. "Angelina Rapoza!" she scolded. "Were staying with Alexandria tonight because she needs us!"

Now don't get me wrong, I love it when my best friends care for me, who doesnt? But Jessica was treating me like a four year old who needed other people. I'm mostly self-reliant. Yes of course, I do need people but for some reason that sort of just rubbed me the wrong way. I can take care of myself. Like I said, I hate people's pity.

"No!" I quickly. I immediately regretted it, that sounded so rude. "No! Don't worry about it you guys, just have fun!"

Jessica looked doubtful. "But Allie..." she trailed off. She rarely ever called me Allie, only when she was being gentle with me.

I shook my head. "But nothing! I would be a bad friend if I kept you all to myself, there are rich and sexy men here, you know that Rob's father owns that agency, and celebrities pay top dollar for him as their agent! There might even be celebrities here!" I said in a thoughtful yet excited tone.

They looked at each other and back at me with doubt apparent in both of their eyes. "I'm serious." I said quickly. I felt bad for manipulating them but I really didn't want to keep them from the fun they might have tonight.

They both must have agreed with me, so they smiled, Angie quickly saying "Thanks." while Jess said it with her eyes. I smiled sweetly at them.

As the limousine pulled up to a huge yet painfully recognizing house, my heart nervously crept up to my neck. What if he was with another girl, having fun already? What if he was kissing her and...I could barely think. I swallowed, sighing softly. I just needed to relax.

The driver got out of the car and quickly opened the door. Angelina got out, then I followed her, and Jessica was right behind me. Jessica gasped, but Angie managed to keep it in. I sighed. His house was huge, more than three levels plus an enormous basement.

I quickly shushed Jessica before pulling them towards the tall glass doors.

__________

Well hello! I hope you liked that chapter, if you wanna know how she really looked then the link to that is right below this! Thanks!

I'm probably going to do the next chapter as well tonight. please comment what you think!

http://www.polyvore.com/formal_periwinkle/set?id=79923528