Chapter 19: "Lets get lost."

Feeling extremely lazy, I decided to stay on my bed for way too many hours. I finally decided on getting up at 2:00 or so, only because I heard a knock on my door. I groaned, muttering about how people should just go away. I pulled off my bathrobe and pulled jeans and a t-shirt on. No time for style. I yanked my hair out of it's bun, still sopping, and just tucked it over my back. The person at the door knocked again, and I quickly called "I'm coming!" People were so impatient. Strolling over to the door, I pulled it open and nearly shrieked.

"Nicholas! You aren't supposed to be here until 3:00!"

"Oh...should I come back or something?" he said, looking embarrassed.

I bit my lip, and I noticed his eyes slip down to my lips and quickly back up. I stuttered "No, don't worry about it. I'm just not decent."

'Not decent' was the understatement of the century. I didn't have a bra on, I was wearing jeans that didn't fit me well, and a shirt that was a size too small. My makeup was probably still dripping, I may have showered but it wasn't a 'good' shower. I gave a sweet smile, wanting to kiss him but figuring he wouldn't want to. I looked like shit.

I opened my door wider, gesturing for him to come inside. He obliged, coming inside and dropping his shoes off by my front door. "I missed you babe." he murmured, turning around and leaning down to kiss my cheek. I felt my stomach tie into knots, a huge smile creeping on my face. He missed me.

"I missed you too." I murmured, wishing for a kiss but knowing he wasn't one to make out with me all the time. I was okay with that but I still wanted to, to be honest.

He chuckled. I loved how everything he did was so quiet yet made me feel like I was soaring.

"Ah...Nicholas? Can I please, like, change?"

"Oh, sure, of course!"

He took my hand, letting me lead the way to my room. "Wait outside." I commanded softly, with a cute smile on my face.

He pouted a little. "What if I want to come inside?"

"Don't be perverted."

"We're dating now, why can't I be perverted?"

"Because I'm a virgin and I'm too delicate for that. Be right out!" I quickly ran into my room, and I could hear his laughter outside my door. I knew my answer didn't make any sense, but I figured I would surprise him enough so he couldn't catch the door before I closed it. I had a feeling he already knew, and I was incredibly embarrassed about it still.

"But I've already seen you change!" he retorted, confident.

"I have to put on a bra."

"I could see that!"

I sighed, suddenly having an idea. "Fine, you can come in, just give me a second." I ran for my bathroom, grabbing some clothes from my closet and calling "You can come in now!" he opened the door, stepping inside, and saw my head poking around the door of my bathroom. Comprehension flooded his face and I couldn't help but laugh. "Guess you're not fast enough!" and he rolled his eyes, plopping down on my bed as I cackled and shut the door. I pulled my new set of clothes on, a giant royal blue sweater and a pair of black leggings. Looking in the mirror, my suspicions were confirmed. I looked ready for a Halloween party. I touched up my makeup, removing most of it and replacing it with a thin layer of lotion.

I came back out and he raised his eyebrows at me. "Cheeky." he huffed, and I sat down next to him. He took my hand, pressing a kiss to my skin and smiling at me.

"So, would you like to go out for dinner, babe?" I flinched slightly. Rob called me babe. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked at me in concern. "Something wrong?"