Chapter 17: The Other Guy

I asked Nicholas to drive me home, wanting to actually get some sleep. It may sound silly but whenever I was near Nicholas my heart went into awkward palpitations and I could barely breathe. He was dangerous. In a good way, of course.

A few minutes later he had come to my house, pulling into the driveway and letting me out. He lead me to my door, opening that for me as well. As we walked inside together, I turned on lights as I passed the appropriate switches. Soon my house look happy and cheerful, as it usually did. I turned back to Nicholas who gave me a giant goofy smile, which I laughed at.

"You always know how to make me laugh!" I said sweetly, and he chuckled as well.

"I do try to keep you happy." he said with a shrug. I made a funny face and he kissed my forehead. "I should go. I have a meeting tomorrow at noon, so we can't meet up later. Is that okay?"

I nodded, grinning. "Yes! Don't worry about me, I'll be completely okay."

"Okay, thank you. I'll call you around 5:30, and I'll pick you up at like 6:00 for dinner. Sounds good?" he asked.

"Sounds great!" I responded, and he kissed my cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Definitely. Goodbye love!"

"Goodbye!" I felt my heart beat a little bit faster when he called me love. Adorable. He opened the door, giving me a final smile and wave before closing it. I stayed standing where I was until I heard his car pull out, and I sighed in contentment. I wandered into the kitchen, grabbing my tub of ice cream and digging in. Don't judge. I'm an adult now. I can do what I want.

I decided watching a movie would be best. I flipped through my recordings until I found the movie Tangled. yea, I had that movie. Don't judge!

About ten minutes into the movie. my phone buzzed on the table, a number I recognized but didn't really know.

I walked over to it, plopping down on my couch and answering the phone. "Hello?" I said cheerfully

"What the hell do you think your doing?!"

I froze, staring at the lamp on my table breath freezing in my throat. "W-what do you mean?" I stuttered hoarsely.

"You know exactly what I mean Lexi."

"Don't call me Lexil!" I hissed. He called me Lexi when he wanted something.

"I'm going to call you whatever I want, understand?"

"No, fuck you." I quickly hung up, not able to breathe but for all the wrong reasons. Why couldn't he just call someone who cared? Why was Rob calling me at 11:00 at night?!

My phone vibrated again and I picked up reluctantly. "What?!" I demanded.

"Don't you dare hang up on me! I want to talk to you!"

"I don't care what you want, Rob. Stop talking to me. Now. Don't call back." I hung up again, hearing him swear before I hit end.

I heard a knock at the door. I felt my heart seize up in my chest, breathing fluttering irregularly. I moved to the door and opened it, seeing Rob standing there.

"What are you doing outside my house? It's the middle of the night!"

His eyes were burning with anger, something I hated seeing because it made me so scared. Nicholas never frightened me. There was a flicker of something else in his eyes though. Something I'd never seen. He was dressed in a nice shirt and a pair of pants, looking a bit disheveled. His hair was a mess.

'What are you doing with him?" He finally asked after looking me over hungrily for a few moments, as though he hadn't seen me in weeks. His eyes looked shattered, I could almost see pieces of his heart shining through. I felt powerful.

I smirked, raising my eyebrows. I finally had power over him, huh? "Aw, are you jealous? The poor baby is jealous?"

"Shut up!" He muttered, and my eyes darkened with malice.

"Don't you dare tell me to shut up. What the hell do you want, because you're really pissing me off."

He looked up expectantly. "I want you back."

"I hate you." I said simply.

He looked surprised, even aghast. "Lex, I told you it was a mistake! Everyone makes mistakes!"

"Yea, well you made the same mistake twice. I don't care about your excuses, or even how you feel. Because you never cared how I felt."

I saw the emotions turn on his face, from anger to sadness to fear and back to anger. "I cared, Alexa. Why can't you forgive me?"

"Because you cheated on me. Twice. Then you lied to me. Then you yelled at my best friends. And then you hit me. I don't need you anymore and I don't want you. This new guy? He makes me happy. Happier than you ever made me. So you can leave, or I'll call the police for harassment." He grabbed my wrist and yanked me towards him, bodies colliding.

"You little bitch, you think you have a choice in this! You're mine. You're no one else's. I don't care how you feel. I want you and you will listen to me." and for the first time, I smelled the alcohol on his clothes. I cringed away from him.

"Just let me go. Go find another girl, because you can't make me do anything."

"Watch me." he hissed. He shoved me roughly back into the house, balance completely affected as he stumbled inside after me. I felt fear rise in my stomach but I managed to stay somewhat calm. He saw my phone on the table, seeing a text from Nicholas, and he seemed to become even more enraged. I struggled unsuccessfully against him.

He threw me on the couch and hovered over me, leaning down to press sloppy kisses against my neck, knowing it as a weak spot of mine. He knew I would fight him, he put his legs in between mine so I couldn't knee him in his soft spot. Man did I want to. His arms pinned my hands down above my head, and I could barely move. My legs were spread apart so that no movement was allowed. "Get off me, don't touch me!" I cried, trying to pull my hands free and push him off, but even when he was drunk he was incredibly strong.

"Come on babe, don't try and resist! You know you still love me!" He murmured, leaning up to gently push away the hair on my face. I screamed at the top of my lungs, the piercing noise filling the entire house. He raised his hand, slapping me across the face. Blood rushed to my cheek, the stinging pain making my eyes water. My eyes stared at him on shock. He grabbed my hand again and pinned it down.

I started sobbing hysterically, barely able to breathe. "Please stop! I'll do anything! PLEASE!"

My high pitched voice hurt even my ears, but I was so scared that I couldn't care less.

"Anything?"

"Yes, just please don't touch me anymore!" I burst out, all of the tears blurring my vision.

"Dump him. Come back to me. You belong with me!" he said forcefully, leaning down and kissing along my collarbone.

"N-no. I care about him and I'm never leaving him for you!" I said, saying anything to get him off me. "I can't! Please don't touch me, I'll never go back to you if you keep hurting me."

"Liar. You won't ever come back to me. So I guess all we have is tonight, and the other nights I come back. I don't care what you want, Alexandria. You may be dating him, but you're mine. Always. You'll do as I say, but this can be just between us, right? I need you...and you can't keep me away. You will obey me. You're mine."

_____________________________________

Now that's a hell of a cliffhanger, isn't it? Oops. First one!

AND 3.3K READS GUYS IM DONE JUST TAKE ME OUT OF THE OVEN BECAUSE I AM SO DONE. YOU'RE THE BEST.

ALL MY LOVE