Chapter 5: A Night Drive

I couldn't stand being this broken, this crushed. Everything Rob ever promised me was a lie. I could not trust people anymore. I would have to build up walls so no one could hurt me again.

I was quivering inside of Nicholas's car when he finally asked me what was wrong again. I was teetering on the edge of a mental breakdown, so I figured I should tell him before I toppled into a seething mass of pain and sadness.

"Rob promised me he would never cheat. He told me he would stay and that he would love me forever. I hate it when people lie, I put trust in everyone, but he broke me...I-I hate being lied to." I chokes a bit, sucking in a shaky breath. Words were tumbling out of my mouth, the champagne making the slide so much easier.

Nicholas sighed, and I could not bring myself to look at him.

"He's an idiot." Nicholas's abrupt voice broke into my thoughts. "I don't even know you yet-" his eyes moved to mine and back to the street "and I know you're sweet and cute. I couldn't think of anyone hurting someone like you. He must be a complete dick."

I smiled, chin quivering. "Thanks." I said weakly.

He shrugged. "Just telling the truth. Now that you have that beautiful smile back on your face, why don't we go and relax at my house. I can make you dinner or something, if you'd like."

I laughed, sniffling. "I don't even know you."

He nodded. "I don't know you. You could be a crazy stalker."

"But I'm not!" I retorted, knowing I sounded like a baby.

"Exactly. I promise, you'll be fine. We'll get to know each other."

I smiled again, a blush lighting up my face. I probably looked like a wreck but he was kind enough to complement my smile. "Thanks. I'd love that." He smiled, picking up speed up a hill and coming to a secluded house on the top of it. He turned into the long driveway, swerving down it as it zig-zagged down the lawn.

Now I know what your thinking because I was thinking the exact same thing. I didn't even know Nicholas, he could be a rapist, he could be a murderer. But I trusted him. I had no idea why. I trusted him enough to take me home at least. Sometimes champagne does that to a person.

Suddenly I heard a door at my right, and I jumped, and I heard Nicholas laugh. He held a hand out which I took and he pulled me out. "Come on." He murmured, leading me down the stone path and opening the door. He led me inside and closed the door. I looked around the biggest house I have ever seen.

I turned to Nicholas, a from on my face. "How is your house so big?!" I demanded in a teasing tone.

He chuckled, saying "I'm quite surprised you don't know. I'm an actor."

Looking back I couldn't really believe how stupid I was. "Ooh! Like on West End? Broadway!?" I asked excitedly. Broadway was my biggest dream.

He chuckled. "Ah...no. More like Hollywood."

My eyes widened as realization hit me. "Omigosh. You're Nicholas Hoult?!"

"In the flesh."

"Like...famous. You're famous. Oh gosh."

He shook his head, stepping forward and taking my hands. "No, Alexandria, that doesn't matter. Please don't let that phase you. I want to know you for you, please don't let it change your mind about me."

I smiled weakly. "Um...you were going to make me dinner?"

"Oh...I was thinking I could have Jamie cook for us?"

"Jamie? Who's Jamie?" I asked curiously, but feeling my heart drop for some reason.

"My...assistant."

"Oh! Okay!" I felt much better, I thought he had a girlfriend or something.

"Jamie!" He called, his usually quiet demeanor broken by his loud booming voice. "If you could make us..." He turned to me. "What would you like?"

"Oh...um...let's just have like...anything?" I was never very decisive, my boyfriends always had to choose anything like this and my friends usually chose what I ate because it took me so long to choose.

"Fondue!" Nicholas laughed, calling to his assistant. I laughed as well but nodded approvingly.

He then turned away from the rest of his house and back to me.

"So love..." He said with a grin. "Let's watch a movie...or something."

I stuck my tongue out. "Hey! Don't mock me!" He laughed, shaking his head.

"Come on," he murmured, taking my hand gently and leading me to another part of the house.

___________

Surprise!

Two updates in one day!

Here's my present for over 150 reads, and also my sorry present for not updating.

Love you!