Owen's Gone and Done it...Again

Weeks had gone by, Emma was now twenty weeks pregnant, her belly starting to get rounder as each day passed. She stopped feeling sick all the time, and instead gained the ability to piss like a racehorse every five minutes. She no longer viewed pregnancy as a blessing but as a curse. Moving to the island and in with Owen, she was sure to see him more often but, unlike her hopes it wasn't true. Either he would be home, consumed on trying to train his raptors or he wouldn't be there at all and she would fall asleep before he even stepped foot in the house.

Felix was the one who kept her company, most days. She found him entertaining to be around, there was never a dull moment. Of course she had contemplated about her dating him, Owen hadn't been on good terms with her lately due to being uncontactable, even though he would sometimes croon a song or play with the baby in her stomach when he was going to bed. Besides Felix had a girlfriend and was more of a brother to her.

Together, Emma and Felix had accomplished a lot. They could now, cautiously, enter the tyrannosaur paddock with Rexie wide awake and acknowledging them. The tyrannosaur never seemed to be that interested in them, only when she was very curious of what they were doing would she venture close to them. Of course it would always startle the two, sending them back to the outside of the paddock to observe her.

Today was different. Today was the day that Felix was going to touch Rexie. Emma nervously touched the top part of his hand as he peered out through the window at the tyrannosaur, which was near the rather large pond. Her touch seemed to startle him almost immediately, meeting the calming gaze of Emma's wide eyes. "You don't have to do this alone." Emma protested, pursing her lips as she looked up at Felix. He chuckled a bit, shaking his head. "You're too valuable to lose. You're going to be a mom. You need to stay safe." He shrugged off, peering back into the paddock at the large animal.

He sucked in a deep breath as he opened the door. "I'll keep the door open." She announced as he stepped into the paddock, he noticed that Emma had wedged herself in the center of the door frame unwilling to budge. He let out a frustrated sigh as he cautiously approached the large animal. Of course Felix was scared but he didn't feel the need to fear Rexie anymore...or was that just the adrenaline talking?

Emma watched as Felix drew near the creature, she raised her hand up to bite her nails as she anxiously watched her partner. "You seem to be fond of that, Felix, fellow of yours." A voice startled her from behind, forcing her to jump at the sound of it. She turned around to see Owen smirking as he watched her jump. "You're such a jerk." She hissed out, punching him in the arm, the returned her nervous gaze out towards Felix. "What're you doing here?" Emma asked, her eyes never leaving Felix. Owen held up a picnic basket with a blanket thrown over the top of it. "I got off work early. Figured we could go on a picnic and catch up a little, since we've both been busy." Owen explained with a wide smile, looking at Emma endearingly. When she didn't return his gaze, his heart deflated a little. He became bitter and jealous towards Felix, he dropped the picnic basket. It clattered on the ground, as he approached Emma. "What's he doing?" Owen wondered as he peered out of the door along with Emma.

Emma gasped, completely pushing Owen out of the door frame so he was out of sight from Rexie. "He's going to attempt to touch her. I don't want your scent alarming her so I need you to watch through the window so Felix doesn't get killed." She hissed out irritatedly at the raptor trainer. Owen returned Emma's gaze with a softened look of hurt. Had things gone stale between the two of them? Was he pushing her away? Or was it just the hormones?

Emma kept a close eye on her partner. Felix stood ten feet away from the tyrannosaur now, edging ever so close to her, not making sudden movements that could easily frighten her. She held her nose up in the air, sniffing it before growling and turning to look at Felix. Holy shit. The tyrannosaur was bigger standing straight up and this close, it was truly as fearsome as scientists portrayed it to be.