A Well Deserved Apology

Owen cursed to himself as he watched the baryonyx roar ferociously once again before slamming its body into the support beam, causing the whole bridge to vibrate and shake. They had accidentally stumbled upon its new nest in the aviary while trying to get a signal for the broken radio, which caused them to become target number one on the baryonyx kill list. "If you could get the radio to work a little faster, it'd be much appreciated." Hunter scolded Felix as he reloaded the tranq gun with more darts.

He had already put one in the dinosaur, he just needed to hit it once more and it should go out. That's only if the thing kept still long enough for Hunter to focus. "You know I'm trying my best here." Felix retorted as he held the radio up higher while keeping his hand on the rail. "This is Felix Cruthers, we were part of scouting mission and now we need help!" Felix kept repeating the montage into the radio. Owen squatted down near Hunter, scooting closer to him and yanking on his leg to sit down as the baryonyx hit the beam once more. "I'm noticing a pattern," Owen informed Hunter. "Every two times she hits the beam she goes back to check on her nest. Try getting her there." Hunter looked carefully at the leafy nest that Owen was pointing at, trying to pinpoint where the baryonyx would be.

It was an ugly shade of orange with wicked snaggle teeth, it wasn't known to hunt but, assuming that there wasn't enough prey for her out here she became one. It roared once more before turning to look at her nest, she stomped over sniffing it lightly. "Now!" Owen commanded Hunter. Hunter kept his eye on the creature but, didn't pull the trigger for some reason he was frozen. He couldn't figure out the reason why, he just was. Maybe it was the pressure Owen was creating? "What're you doing?" Owen asked as he watched the baryonyx saunter back towards the beam. Hunter had missed his chance. "I'm sorry, I just froze." Hunter admitted, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Owen could tell that Hunter was getting weak and tired, he normally wasn't like this. He had to be concerning and comforting towards him. "Hey, that's ok. Just try to make it on the next shot?" Owen supported, tapping Hunter's shoulder lightly. Hunter rolled his eyes, he didn't need Owen's pity. It slammed into the poll once more, making the bridge shutter relentlessly.

Owen smashed his nose against the vibrating material, he could feel it start to gush blood. His first instinct was to groan in agony and tilt his head back, surly it was broken. Hunter watched as the red blood oozed from Owen's nose, forcing his stomach to flip inside of him. "That's it." Hunter angrily stated, pointing his tranq gun at the baryonyx once again. He studied it as it fell back towards its nest.

Now was his chance. Without freezing Hunter pulled the trigger, shooting a dart into the baryonyx's neck. It roared in agony before shaking its large head. It seemed to glare up at the men, roaring once more before taking one large step and collapsing to the ground. Hunter sat back and panted. That was a rush. "Nice work." Owen grumbled out as he continued to hold onto his nose.

Hunter took away Owen's hands from his face, observing the injury as Owen continued to grunt in pain. "Ok, well, it's broken." Hunter noted the cartilage that was clearly out of place and crooked. "I know that." Owen hissed, trying to restrain clutching on to his nose as Hunter continued to examine it. "Well since you know that," Hunter started, placing both of his hands on either side of his nose. "Then you know this is going to hurt." He finished against Owen's pleads of "Wait"'s.

"On the count of three," He instructed, staring into Owen's pain stricken eyes. "One..." SNAP! Owen shouted in the sharp and sudden pain, water rushing to his eyes. Felix turned to smirk at the situation, it was funny the way they acted towards each other. One moment they hate each other and the next they're helping each other out. "Keep your head back." Hunter stated, leaning back and rubbing the blood on his hands off on his pants. "You said three!" Owen complained to him as he returned to clutching onto his nose. "Yeah, but you didn't anticipate that pain when I did it on one." Hunter replied before slumping on to the bridge tiredly.