We Have To Go Back

Hunter gasped at the suddenness as he was slammed in a cool, metal chair in the detainment quarters of the visitors center by Owen. Never had Hunter felt so much fear in his life than when he dared to look Owen straight in the eyes. The raptor trainer heatedly took his place on the other side of the table with a permanent scowl placed across his face as he glared in coldness at Hunter. Hunter wanted to wince at this prudent glare that was being thrown at him, of course he felt bad but, it wasn't like he wasn't going to give them all the information they needed and more. He was done with InGen.

As for Owen, well, he had never felt the pain of betrayal like this in his whole life. His pregnant girlfriend was on the line and so was his first born, and Hunter knew about it this whole time. He wasn't going to go easy on anyone who threatened to harm his family in any way. The door clicked behind the two, Owen never fazed from glaring at Hunter as Claire entered the room, her heels clicking on the rough, concrete ground.

"Hunter, I knew we shouldn't've trusted you in the beginning, you son of a bitch." Claire said hotly from behind Owen, with her arms crossed. 'Son of a bitch' that seemed to be her go to phrase in high-stress situations like these. Claire felt a wave of disappointment in herself as she looked upon Hunter, even with him looking at her with pleading eyes. She shouldn't've hired him in, this mess was all on her hands.

"All right, Hunter-" Claire started to say letting her guard down to move towards the traitor before being startled by Owen's hands slamming down on the table. "Why!" Was the first thing he shouted towards Hunter. Owen didn't mean to but, he felt as if he had bonded a little with him and Felix during their "excursion". It was only right to get an explanation.

"Why, what?" Hunter asked confused and almost bored. "Quit looking at me like I'm thick headed. I want to know why you and the people you work for would do this." Owen spat out, pointing towards the table and accentuating his anger in every word. Hunter pursed his lips as he thought of a reasonable explanation that wouldn't get his head blown off by Owen.

"My boss wanted her as leverage. He wants you to help out InGen-" Hunter began explaining until he heard the distinct, dry, laughter coming from Owen. "Why would I ever help InGen? Especially now that they've kidnapped, Em. How exactly did they plan on getting on my good side by doing that?"

Hunter bit his lip for a moment. "They don't have to have your good side. They just had to have you. You're the only person who's been known to train raptors-"

"Raptors?" Claire cut in, narrowing her eyes at him. Hunter nodded his head in reassurance up at her. "What's InGen doing with raptors?" She questioned, taking a seat next to him at the table with her hands folded across each other. Her eyes never leaving his. "See that's what I'm trying to get to. InGen is trying to weaponize dinosaurs, use them for the front lines." Hunter huffed out almost in irritation. "We're aware." Owen said, crossing his arms. "Hoskins, was the first to bring this up to us."

"Yeah, well, Hoskins only wanted to use raptors and possibly a smaller version of the Indominous. What InGen wants is more. They want a whole army of carnivores."

"A whole army?" Claire questioned.

"Yes, I believe I said that. They were able to create some dinosaurs but, not very many. They evacuated the lab quickly when they were here and now they're settled on Isla Sorna."

Owen perked up his eyebrow at this subtle information. "Where the second park was?"

"Correct. After InGen fled the first time on that island they left behind all of those animals. They've rounded up quite a few, raptors being one of them, and a spinosaurus. From what Miles also told me they've cooked up something else as well." Hunter retorted in a deadly tone. Owen was too prepared for this as he crossed his arms.

"What?"

"They call it the Diabolus Rex. It's exactly like the Indominous Rex except smaller."

"How much smaller?"

Hunter paused for a moment as he tried to think of an accurate way to explain it. "Not as big as a tyrannosaurus but, bigger than a raptor."

Owen grimaced at the floor, his jaw clenching and unclenching as he took in the information once again. "A smaller version of the Indominous...those sons of bitches... I still don't understand why I'm involved and why they took Emma." He threw his hands to his side in defeat. "Well the raptors they've got are wild. They sent Vivian here to learn how to train raptors in hopes that she'd be able to train their raptors but, she says her training hasn't gone well with them-"

"Yeah she sucks at it." Owen briefly noted.

"And they want you to come and train them." Hunter finished with a small huff of frustration. "But I'm not good with my new pack either. It's not just Vivian's fault. I've also never trained wild or adult raptors." Owen exasperated, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. Hunter furrowed his brows towards Owen, he knew that he was worried about Emma but, he didn't have to show weakness. "Whether if you've never trained a wild raptor or not they still kidnapped Emma to get leverage on you."

"Well, they've got it thanks to you." Owen hissed, turning his back towards Hunter. "Wait." Hunter pleaded towards Owen's turned back. "There's still more. It doesn't just pertain to you it pertains to everyone on this island." Claire perked an eyebrow of interest at this suggestion. She was responsible for everyone at the park, she was going to let Hunter finish. "Go on." Claire urged, staring directly into Hunter's eyes with a suspicious gleam. "InGen doesn't have a tyrannosaur nor do they have the DNA for a tyrannosaur. They're planning on coming here and taking charge of the island. Diplomatically at first but, if you choose not to comply by brute force. And by brute force I mean, a raptor pack, spinosaurus, and diabolus rex will be running rampant through the island." Hunter explained, looking at Owen's turned back with hurt-felt eyes.

Hunter's warning ensued panic on Claire's already fast beating heart. A blood bath on Isla Sorna? Not again. "When will this be?" Claire questioned immediately after she collected her thoughts. "I'm not sure, they're going to contact Owen some time tonight. We can find out then." Hunter assured Claire with a soothing voice. He tugged at the cool, metal of his handcuffs, reminding him that he was in Jurassic World's custody. He had to think of a way to persuade Claire to let him go so he can help out Owen, it was the least he could do. "Listen," Hunter beckoned with Claire. "I can help you guys. You don't know what you're up against but, I do. Please, let me go and let me help you."

Owen quickly turned on his heel to glare at Hunter and then to Claire who seemed to be giving Hunter a soft look. "Claire," Owen said sharply, pointing an index finger at her. "No. He can't be trusted. Obviously." Hunter veraciously glared up at Owen as he jumped in the chair, making a commotion. "I'm trying to help you. And whether you like it or not you desperately need it. Besides I have an idea." He hissed out utterly taken back with the tone Owen and Claire had started to take with him. Owen crossed his arms and leaned back with an even bigger scowl on his face. "What?" He growled towards Hunter. "We have to go back-"

"Where?"

"To the nest. And I'm the only one who knows how to get there."

~A/N~

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been super busy with work, school, and especially with exams lately. Also in the past month I adopted a German shepherd mix puppy with my boyfriend and obviously training hasn't been the easiest, she's a puppy, and she takes a lot of my time up. But I promise I'm going to start to get back in the rhythm of updating and I'm going to start work on Abandoned and possibly Life in District Two again while keeping up with Drag Me Down and continuing Limitless. Anyways thanks for being patient and sorry that this chapter is short.