Finding Emma

Click-click. Click. Click-click. Click.

Alan rolled his eyes and leaned his head against the window. Aria had found a pocket sized tranquilizer and had been messing with it the whole care ride. The subtly metallic noises it was making was enough to make Alan snap.

Before he could say anything to her about putting it away, Thomas slowed the car down to a halt as he glared over at the red head.

Aria cocked the gun back one more time before saying a word to him. "What?" She questioned with a dumbfounded look on her face. Thomas huffed out her name in a sigh before taking the gun and placing it up on the dashboard. "Quit playing with that." Thomas irritatedly spat out, as he continued forward.

Alan chuckled silently at the two. Finally some quiet. He stared at the tropical foliage zooming by outside.

Dinosaurs were going to be the death of him. From the first park until now he has yet, to come visit where it was a nice, danger free, vacation. He considered coming to visit Emma when he retired before everything went to hell. It would've been nice if he could just relax somehow.

Having Kate and Emma around wouldn't help him get his piece of mind. There was never a dull moment. "Should we park far away from the dock?" Thomas inquired aloud. It snapped Alan out of his retirement daze. Thomas glanced between the road and his mentor anxiously.

"That's a good idea." Alan stated, looking completely thrown off guard. He groaned as he sought out a place for them to park.

Thomas rolled his eyes to himself. Alan had always been somewhat distant and in a haze when it came down to stressful situations. Thomas's eyes flickered down towards Aria who was playing with the knobs of the car radio that wasn't turned on. She was like a little kid. So bored. It was somewhat cute to him.

"Here," Alan pointed over towards a large tree in the jungle. "Park over there. We can't be seen." Thomas made a harsh turn towards the mossy tree Alan had pointed to. Aria falling into Alan as she lost balance, Alan gripping on to her and the dashboard.

As Thomas parked the truck he looked over to see the startled pair. He stuck out his hands innocently as Alan glared at him.

"What happened?" Thomas questioned with a snide smirk. Aria huffed the hair out of her face as she sat up, stretching her arms out. "You need to go back to driving school." Alan hissed while pointing an accusatory finger at his intern.

Thomas chuckled in amusement before hopping out of the truck and slinging a shot gun around his back. He offered a helping hand out towards Aria before she placed her feet on the ground, Alan following her.

He slung his backpack over his right shoulder, opposite of the gun. In the bag was a pair of binoculars, a hand gun, a couple of back up tranquilizing and gun ammunition, if they needed any, some water, and a towel for when they found Emma.

Judging by how grimy she looked during the negotiation she would probably need to be cleaned up. Alan hoped that his daughter was okay. But hope didn't mean anything at this point. He was going to make sure she was okay or else InGen would have hell to pay.

He looked over towards his intern Thomas who threw him a concerned but determined look as he loaded up his gun. "Are you ready?" Thomas questioned. Alan pursed his lips and nodded his head silently. He was ready to get it over with. Whether it be successfully finding his daughter or successfully dying. He was ready.

"We shouldn't be too far." Alan quipped as he wondered towards the road they abruptly left.

Aria groaned while they trudged through the leafy terrain. "Why can't it be a little closer?" Aria whined as she fiddled tranq gun in hand. "Because we don't want them to see us." Alan retorted.